Date of last update April 2022
www.RailRecruiter.com is a website operated by Stave Solutions t/a RBD Rail Recruiter (“RBD Rail Recruiter”, “Company”, We”, “Us”, “Our”). RBD Rail Recruiter is registered in England and Wales 13432765.
www.RailRecruiter.com is a jobs board which has the primary purpose of helping Job Seekers to find jobs and helping Recruiters to find suitable candidates for their jobs. We understand the importance of protecting the personal data of all of our users both Candidates and Recruiters and we are committed to your right to privacy.
Our contact details
Company name: Stave Solutions Limited (trading as RBD Rail Recruiter)
Trading address: 15 Mariner Court, Wakefield WF4 3FL
Phone Number: 01924 665960
Personal information we collect (Job Seekers)
We collect the following personal information from Job Seekers who are looking for a job. To find out about information we collect from Recruiters who are looking for job seekers to fill vacancies, please click here.
Personal information that we collect, and process may include the following:
· Information collected when you register including your name, the location where you would like to work, email address, telephone number, details of your current employment, desired salary, desired type of job, information about your skills and experience and your marketing preferences.
· Information contained in your CV, which may include your name, photograph, gender, driving licence status, address, contact details, details of current and former employment, education and qualifications, skills, depth and breadth of experience, interests and hobbies, and information about your referees.
You should restrict the inclusion of unnecessary personal data in your CV. A recruiter will not need to know your age, date of birth or marital status for example.
· Information contained in your covering letter, which may include your name, details of your current or former employment, education and qualifications, skills, knowledge, depth and breadth of experience, interests and hobbies, salary and desired salary.
· Additional information you choose to provide in your account profile which may include your employment history, names of previous employers, qualifications, skills, knowledge, depth and breadth of experience, driving licence status, salary, telephone number, type of job you are looking for, job sectors you are interested in working in, and telephone or additional contact details.
· Information is collected automatically about your use of the service including your date of registration, date of last profile/CV update and your last visit. This information may be shared with Recruiters dependent upon your settings.
· We request that candidates do not provide any information classified by data protection legislation as “sensitive” information including the following: religious beliefs; criminal record; political opinions; information about minors; genetic data; trade union membership; sexual orientation.
· Information is collected automatically about site users and visitors for the purposes of security and internal reporting. This information does not reveal your specific identity but may include your IP address, device type, browser you use, operating system, language setting, URLs, device name, and your location.
Never provide your NI number, driving licence number, bank details or passport number in your CV, profile or in any correspondence with recruiters. If recruiters, request this information please contact us.
How we get the personal information (Job Seekers)?
Most of the personal information we collect from Job Seekers is directly provided by you. We process information contained in your CVs, covering letters and from job applications. We also get personal information provided by you when you register and when you update or add to your profile.
Other data is collected automatically by cookies and other technologies.
You should not provide to us any personal information that you do not want us to collect and process.
You should ensure that the personal information submitted is accurate and true. Your CV and profile should be updated regularly or when your circumstances change.
What personal information do we collect (Recruiters)?
We collect the following personal information from Recruiters. To find out about information we collect from Job Seekers please click here.
Personal information that we collect, and process may include the following:
· Information collected when you register including your name, company details, email address, and telephone number.
· Additional user information when you request multiple users for your account including name, email address and contact details.
· Information collected when you create a recruiter directory entry. The personal information will be dependent upon the entry you create and the information that you choose to include.
· Payment data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase. This may include your credit card or debit card number and the security code associated with your credit card or debit card. All website payments are processed by Stripe and all payment information is stored by Stripe. You can find their privacy notice here https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
· Information collected when you contact us or make an enquiry or customer service request.
· Information you provide us with to set up an account for invoicing purposes.
· Information is collected automatically about site users and visitors for the purposes of security and internal reporting. This information does not reveal your specific identity but may include IP address, device type, browser in use, operating system, language setting, URLs, device name and location.
How do we get the personal information (Recruiters)?
Most of the personal information we collect from Recruiters is directly provided by you when you register or when you provide additional information when logged in to the Site. We will also collect data when you purchase products from us and when you contact us by email or telephone to discuss your account or to respond to an enquiry.
Other data is collected automatically by cookies and other technologies.
You should not provide to us any personal information that you do not want us to collect or process.
Legal basis for processing information
RBD Rail Recruiter collects and processes personal information as part of our business activities.
Some of this information is collected and processed based upon the provision of your Consent. Some of it is required to meet our Legal or Contractual Obligations and some is processed on the basis of Legitimate Interest. The nature of the data being collected, and the processing determine which legal basis applies.
RBD Rail recruiter will process your data to fulfil a contract with you. For example, sending a Job Seeker CV to a Recruiter when you apply for a job or processing your information to create your account.
Your information may be disclosed where we have a Legal or Regulatory obligation to disclose it, for example governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. We may also provide information to public authorities to respond to national security or law enforcement requirements.
We process personal information when we have a Legitimate Interest in doing so that does not override your privacy rights. Our Legitimate Interests include:
· Selling and supplying our products and services to customers
· Providing job alerts to job seekers
· Providing candidate alerts to recruiters
· Introducing job seekers to recruiters
· Providing information or reminders that we believe will enhance your user experience. These may include information about jobs we believe are relevant to Job Seekers or prompts to complete Job Seeker profile data
· Personalising our services to you
· Ensuring the security of our services
· Marketing and advertising our goods and services
· Improving our products and services
· Developing new products and services
· Understanding our customers behaviours and needs
· Attending to customer services complaints and enquiries
· Analysing and improving the effectiveness of marketing communications
· Analysing user traffic to improve our services
· Provision of data to third-party service providers
· Soliciting feedback
How we use personal information (Job seekers)
When you register as a Job Seeker, we use your personal data to set up an account that will enable you to apply for jobs and we will make your CV and profile data searchable and available to recruiters who are looking to find employees to fill their vacancies.
Our primary purpose is the help Job Seekers and Recruiters to find each other, so by default your information is made available to Recruiters and other parties using our CV search service, but you can control the extent to which CV and profile data is shared with Recruiters when you register and within your dashboard.
For additional detail about what information we share with Recruiters and how to control your preferences for sharing information with Recruiters, please read ’Who we share information with’.
We may also use your data to send job alerts and to manage and administer your account.
We will use your data to send marketing emails if you provide consent for us to do so, you can unsubscribe from marketing emails at any time in your dashboard or via the link in each email.
We may use your data to send you information about jobs or recruiters that we believe will be of interest to you based upon the information you have provided and your use of the Site.
We may use your data to provide information about how to take best advantage of Our services including prompts to complete or update your profile information, we may use your personal data to introduce new services to you.
How we use your personal information (Recruiters)
When you register, we use your personal information to set up an account. We might contact you using the information you provide in order to authenticate you as a genuine recruiter and to request additional information that will enable us to provide an effective service to you.
We will use your information for the purpose of performing the contract between us and delivering our services.
We will add or remove additional users to your account using the personal data provided when you ask us to do so.
You should only set up additional users who are trusted members of your organisation. Any user will have the ability to view and update information in your account.
We will also use your data to send candidate alerts and to manage and administer your account. We may contact you to collect feedback for the purpose of improving and developing our services and to introduce new services to you.
Who we share information with (Job seekers)
We may share information with Recruiters including direct employers, agents and intermediaries acting on behalf of a direct employer. This will generally happen when you apply for a job or when a Recruiter or other user of our CV search product views or downloads your information as part of our services to them.
The extent to which your information may be shared with Recruiters using our CV search product will be governed by the options you select when you register and manage your account.
Our primary purpose is helping Job Seekers and Recruiters to find each other, so by default your CV and profile will be included in searches undertaken by Recruiters. You can control the extent to which your data is shared with Recruiters when you register and in your ‘Job Seeker Profile’ which is accessible from your dashboard. Note, we cannot restrict access to specific recruiters including your current employer. We cannot be held accountable if your information is shared with your current employer or any other Recruiter for any consequences arising from this.
The information we share may include your CVs, information contained in your CVs and any information provided in your profile including details of your desired job, desired work location, desired salary, current salary, notice period, education and qualifications, details of your current and past employment, skills and experience, and details of references if provided. We may remove your name and contact details from the information, for example when a recruiter is browsing available candidates. We may provide information related to your usage of the website to help Recruiters to locate candidates for their jobs.
We may allow Recruiters to download your information. We ask Recruiters to only use this information for the purposes of recruitment and to not store it for longer than necessary. The Recruiter will be responsible for complying with all laws applicable to information sourced from RBD Rail Recruiter and they will be the Data Controller. We reserve the right to charge third parties for accessing and downloading your information as part of our services.
We will apply changes to your settings immediately, but we cannot apply these retrospectively, any information already shared with recruiters will remain with them.
We attempt to authenticate Recruiters using our services when they register and by monitoring their activities, but we make no warranties as to their authenticity.
We share your information with service providers who help us to perform our services. We may do this to meet our Contractual and Legal obligations, where you have provided Consent or where we have a Legitimate Interest to do so.
When we share data with service providers, we try to ensure that they have robust privacy arrangements, and we employ contracts which are designed to keep your information safe and to limit activities to those that we specify.
Examples of where we share information with service providers include:
· Website software owner and hosting provider Hot Lizard
· Internet cloud hosting providers such as Microsoft Azure
· Email broadcast providers such as Mailchimp
· Email providers such as Microsoft Outlook
· Service providers that help us to understand traffic and use of our website such as Google analytics
· Fraud management service providers
· Accountants, auditors and other external specialists
· CRM software providers such as Hubspot
· Accountancy software such as Xero
We may share or transfer your information to other parties in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Agencies and authorities
Your information may be disclosed where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do this, for example governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. We may also provide information to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
How and where your personal information is stored
Personal Information which you supply to us is generally stored and kept inside the European Economic Area (EEA). Our hosting provider is Hot Lizard who use Microsoft Azure hosting services based in the EEA. Your data is backed up on multiple servers to prevent loss.
There are circumstances outside of our control where your personal Information may be transferred to third party service providers outside the EEA, including countries where a lower level of legal data protection may exist. These include:
· When a Job Seeker accesses their account outside of the EU
· When a Recruiter accesses their account outside the EU and accesses personal data relate to themselves or Job seekers
· If a user has configured email notifications to be sent outside or the EU, or which are processed outside of the EU
What data security provisions are in place?
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure and we have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measure to meet this objective. These measures include:
· Internal policies and training of staff
· Vetting of suppliers
· Backing up information
· Restricting access to data
However, the nature of the Internet and storage technology means that we cannot guarantee your data will be 100% secure. When you use our website, you do so at your own risk.
You are responsible for keeping your password and username safe and for only accessing the website in a secure environment. You should change your password regularly and use different passwords on different websites.
How long do we keep your personal information?
RBD Rail Recruiter will retain personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
As job seeking can occur many times within your lifetime, your candidate profile, CV, job application information and site usage data is stored until you ask us to delete it.
Recruiter registration, contact details, credit use and job posting information is retained until we are requested to delete it or close the account. If you ask us to delete your account, all credits and your account history will also be deleted along with any jobs you are advertising.
If you ask us to delete your account, we will remove all personal information from view with immediate effect. It will take longer for backups to reset and for your data to be completely erased from our systems.
We reserve the right to retain information that is needed to comply with our legal obligations and information relating to ongoing disputes. We will also retain records of financial transactions.
We are not responsible for how long recruiters or employers who have downloaded information store this information.
How might we contact you
We may contact you for some or all of the following reasons.
We may send you emails to notify you about important changes to our services.
We will send you job alerts when you ask us to do so. You can change or delete these alerts at any time.
We may send Job Seekers details of jobs or recruiters that we believe will be of interest to them.
We may send you details of our services that are available through the website or new services that become available.
We may contact Job Seekers with advice about how to take best advantage of our service including prompts to complete or update their profile.
We will send recruiters candidate alerts when asked to do so. These alerts can be changed or deleted at any time.
We may send recruiters details about new or improved services.
We will send you transactional emails to confirm or respond to actions you have taken. These may include password reset emails, confirmation of payment, notice of account set up, expiration of a job, notice of job application; request to view CV. These emails are part of the service we provide.
Where you provide permission for us to do so we will occasionally contact you with special offers, newsletters and marketing emails that we think will be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time using the link at the bottom of the email.
If you have submitted a query or complaint, we may contact you to respond to your enquiry or to find out more information.
We may contact Recruiters or other users of our service to elicit input and feedback.
We use tracking pixels in our marketing emails. Tracking pixels provide us with information in relation to your interaction with the emails. We use this information to help us to understand how customers engage with our content and to analyse the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. You can disable tracking pixels by changing your email settings to block the loading or display of external images.
Children and minors
RBD Rail Recruiter’s services are not designed for use by individuals under the age of eighteen (18). We ask Job Seekers to refrain from providing any information to us related to children.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to make a request or if you wish to exercise any of these rights.