We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
About The Role
We currently have a unique opportunity for an ICP Designer to join our Power Network division.
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following;
- Take ownership and responsibility for the completion of technical and engineering design and costings associated with projects in accordance with agreed quality, budget and timescales constraints.
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure the designs meet any associated “DNO/IDNO/client” constraints and standards.
- Implement processes and procedures described within the Linbrooke Services management system for projects / bids.
- Prepare technical, cost and programme information to support projects/bids.
- Prepare bills of quantities and hand over details as necessary.
- Prepare designs to support projects / bids.
- Liaise and assist the HSQE team to ensure due regard is given to safety / quality and environmental issues associated with projects/bids.
The above list is not exhaustive; you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good team member with organisational and time management skills.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio,
- Driving licence.
- Good understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- Practical experience and appreciation of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to individual client needs.
- Electrical Safety
- Work at Risk Assessment / Planning / Approval
- Working at Height C&G 6144-3 Understanding Planning, Supervising and Working at Height
- IEMA Qualification
- Working Safely IOSH
- CDM for Designers
- Experience in the electrical and civil engineering DNO experience would be desirable.
- CDM Regulations Training
Monday to Friday, Office based position.
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home*.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE