Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group is a leading railway contractor offering a comprehensive range of railway infrastructure services and products for design, engineering, construction, renewal, and maintenance.
Operating throughout the project lifecycle, we deliver solutions including track renewals and maintenance, overhead line, tunnel refurbishment, gauge enhancement, and specialist on-track plant in-line excavation and material handling systems. We are Europe’s leading slab track design and build specialist and our solutions are complemented by a wealth of experience from our global business.
Innovation is at the heart of our business and our focus is on customer-oriented and tailor-made solutions working collaboratively with our clients.
• Global Turnover of €600m
• One of the largest railway contractors in Europe
• Europe’s and UK leading Slab Track Specialist
• Globally a fleet of over 200 track construction machines.
• Europe’s Technology leader in tamping
• Maintain and operate all on-track plant for Irish Rail
• We are part of one of the leading simulation providers NXRT – leading on digital technologies in the fields of virtual (VR), augmented (AR), and mixed reality (MR)
The philosophy of Rhomberg Sersa is to approach all work in a collaborative way. We have established and continue to enhance a world-class railway engineering business by integrating our combined knowledge of the UK infrastructure with asset owners, along with UK and European delivery partners. We truly collaborate with our clients and the asset owners to lead in the provision of a safer, more efficient, affordable, and reliable railway infrastructure.
Rhomberg Sersa is structured to ensure full compliance with the planning procedures to support the delivery of all planned work safely, on time, and to specification. We comprehend, and have established our planning, engineering, and installation methods to align and comply with the Network Rail GRIP and Asset Management Plan procedure (AMP) Our approach to mobilising our teams provides a sound foundation to ensure all disciplines have the appropriate resources and access requirements in place to execute the works.
Our Business Approach – ensuring capability and capacity
Rhomberg Sersa have adopted a company-wide matrix model approach to our delivery. Our business consists of four distinct areas - business support, operational support, operational delivery, and our supply chain partners. The operational delivery consists of three groups that are structured specifically to face the rail market, Consultancy and Engineering, Infrastructure Delivery and Plant and Machinery. Frameworks, Projects, and Tenders are led by managers who are accountable for the management and delivery of the relevant aspects of work, forming teams and using resource from across the business, including our supply chain.
Our support functions, business and operational, such as pre-construction, commercial, engineering and HSQE, are integrated across our business and extended to our supply chain partners. Our delivery teams for tenders, projects and frameworks are formed with specific resource, identified to ensure we have continuity through all phases of what we do.
Our model is underpinned with directly employed multiskilled staff, managed and supported by an extensive team that includes supervisory, managerial, design, surveying, and engineering staff. All our operational staff work across the business, and by working in an integrated approach with our supply chain partners, we are able to flex our resources according to our needs, meaning we can manage peaks and troughs in workload for all our aspects of tendering, business management and physical delivery. Capacity to undertake tendering and react to works at short notice is an intrinsic part of our DNA and is built within our resource forecasting model and in addition to working with our supply chain partners, within our wider group, we can call upon additional resource to meet significant demand periods such as Christmas working and Bank Holidays
INNOVATIVE, PROVEN AND HIGH-QUALITY SOLUTIONS FOR RAIL INFRASTRUCTURE
Design, Consultancy & Engineering
Infrastructure Engineering – Rail Systems including
- Track Construction & Renewals
- Overhead Line design, maintenance, and renewal
- Track Maintenance
- Major Projects
- Slab Track – Engineering, Construction, Renovation and Renewal
- Geomatics - comprehensive non-intrusive and intrusive surveying and data capture using advanced data capture techniques.
- Track Bed Investigation and Formation Design
- Implementing digitalisation throughout the project lifecycle
- Installation of POE and signalling ancillary works
Specialist Products and Services
- Ballastless (Slab) Systems – IVES
- Ballastless (Slab) Systems – STA (PORR)
- Ballastless (Slab) Systems – S&C
- Ballastless (Slab) Systems – Bespoke Solutions
- Transition Solutions – track transition zones
- Switch and Crossing Life Extension & Refurbishment (SLS)