What are we looking for?
An opportunity has arisen for a Yard Operative in our Cwmbran depot to support the day-to-day running of the yard. In this role you will be expected to carry out all tasks delegated to you in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring complete compliance with Total Rail Solutions policies and procedures.
You must ensure good timekeeping, be proactive, maintain good housekeeping practices at all times and endeavour to pre-empt and report any health and safety issues that may arise.
- Organise plant, equipment and attachments ready for collection and subsequent deployment in a timely manner. Ensure that the correct piece of plant has been identified and all equipment has the relevant and in date paperwork, plant is clean (inside and out) and fuelled ready for the job where necessary.
- Take receipt of all plant, equipment and attachments, ensuring all unserviceable equipment has been identified and segregated.
- Carry out driving duties as instructed to you by your line manager.
- Operate machinery as and when required and in accordance with relevant training and competencies held for each piece of machinery.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Good communication skills with the ability to build rapport with both internal and external colleagues and work closely in a supportive manner.
- Forklift Operator, or a willingness to gain folklift licence through formal training.
- Good level of numeric and literacy skills.
- Adopt a flexible approach to workload to meet changing business and client needs.
- Will need to be 21 years at a minimum for insurance purposes and hold a full clean licence.
TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.