We have an exciting new Workshop Assistant vacancy on our Edinburgh Trams Project. The Workshop Assistant will be expected to work independently within the team to ensure that the tram maintenance workshop environment meets high standards for organisation, cleanliness and housekeeping. The Workshop assistant will carry out a variety of tasks including; workshop cleaning, organisation of workshop tools, equipment and consumables and depot equipment maintenance.
The salary range for this role is between £10.90 - £11.90 per hour, depending upon experience. Please see our excellent employee benefits listed below.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular cleaning of the workshop environment including workshop floors, pits, storage areas and high-level gantries.
- Technical cleaning of tram assets such as bogies and axles.
- General workshop housekeeping duties.
- Routine inspection and functional checks of workshop equipment and capital spares.
- Assist with the organisation of workshop tools and equipment.
- Assist stores with deliveries and movement of material and assets within the workshop.
- Assist stores team with replenishing consumables in the workshop.
- Operate the forklift truck as required.
- Contribute to good depot housekeeping and adhere to health and safety, quality and environmental standards in accordance with CAF UK procedures.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILL
- English Language and Mathematics Scottish National 5 (N5) grade, GCSE or equivalent.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/ PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Clear Communication skills
- Flexible and ability to work under own initiative
- Be-able to organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Good attention to detail
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At CAF Rail UK, diversity and inclusion is recognised and valued and difference is respected. As a proud member of WISE, we are committed to diversifying our workforce and nurturing a workplace culture of inclusion for all colleagues. Our mission is to identify, attract, and retain a diverse range of colleagues with a wealth of experience and talent from a wide candidate pool.
We support difference, and acknowledge that we are able to better succeed together with a diverse team of employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe everyone deserves to be treated fairly and feel included. We recruit based on capability and performance - regardless of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, or disability.
CAF RAIL UK EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
At CAF Rail UK, we are committed to the health and wellbeing of all our employees. Through our benefits programme, we aim to enhance employee engagement and promote a positive workplace culture, where all employees are valued and supported. We are proud to offer our employees:
- Generous annual leave balances
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave
- Excellent workplace pension scheme
- Wealth Management & access to financial workshops
- Bike2Work scheme
- Access to a dedicated and supportive EAP as well as a generous health care cash plan
- Access to a exclusive rewards, discounts and special offers at over 1000 leading high street and online retailers
- Flexible Working and Family Friendly company policies
- Life Assurance
- Professional Membership and Sponsorship
- Charity days in support of Corporate Social Responsibility
ABOUT CAF RAIL UK
CAF Rail UK is a world class leader in the international market for the design, manufacture, maintenance and supply of equipment and components for railway systems. We're proud to be recognised for our versatility, flexibility and for our capacity to constantly adapt and innovate.
CAF Rail UK operates from several locations across the UK. Employing over 250 people at depots in Belfast, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Chester, Birmingham, and Wembley, we're excited by our growth and the opportunities this brings to our team.
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the rail industry? Want to be proud of where you work and what you do? Searching for an engaging role where you will be a valued member of the team and supported to be your best? Apply today to join an industry leader and an organisation where people matter.