Founded in 2007, Total Rail Solutions are one of the leading rail plant hire companies in the UK, our aim is to continue to drive sustainable growth year-on-year, whilst maintaining our ability to stay flexible, cost efficient and safe in everything we do.
We own and operate a fleet of 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments – all of which are RIS-1530-PLT compliant and capable of operating Any Lines Open (ALO). Each year we continue to invest in our plant and people to support the needs of our clients by finding innovative solutions to meet any challenges.
We directly employ over three hundred operational staff all managed by our experienced management team. We constantly invest in training for our people to meet industry regulations which ensures our workforce have competencies to comply with our customer’s needs.
Working with some of the leading Principal Contractors, including Balfour Beatty, AMCO-GIFFEN, Lundy Projects, Siemens, Bam Nuttall, and Alun Griffiths, we’ve supported some of the most prestigious rail projects in the UK. We have the technical capabilities, plant fleet and staff to service a wide range of projects and to be the supply chain partners of choice.
Due to the continued growth of our Rail Civils Operations Division, we are looking to recruit an experienced Works Manager to work across South Wales, Southeast of England, and Western Region.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious individual to join our expanding Civils Division. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working on the rail infrastructure or highways projects with a rail interface. Detailed responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Collaborate with client’s representatives to plan and deliver project deliverables.
- Provide health and safety leadership and manage operational staff during project lifecycles.
- Ensure all projects are delivered safely and efficiently whilst maintaining high standards of quality.
- Be conversant with CDM (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
- Ensure direct reports are conversant with works safe procedures commensurate with project and client requirements.
- Champion work safe policies and procedures.
- Manage programmes to ensure works are delivered against the contract deliverables.
- Provide support during tenders including, site visits, planning, estimating and population of quality submissions.
- Work in collaboration with comparable business units.
- Proactively manage operational and commercial risks.
- Ensure suitable and sufficient items of plant and equipment and materials are organised in a timely manner to prevent delays to project programmes.
- Manage and monitor supply chain partners to ensure contract requirements are delivered as specified.
- Undertake annual appraisals with direct reports.
- Identify and provide value engineering opportunities to support our clients’ requirements.
- Uphold the business core company values.
- Ensure business and client KPI’s are populated and shared accordingly.
- Populate daily site diaries and attendance sheets.
- Represent the business during weekly/monthly progress meetings.
- Any other duties commensurate with job description.
Required skills and training competencies.
- Ideally have around 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- NVQ Level 4-Site Supervision
- SMSTS or SSSTS
- Excellent communication skills
- Be proficient with IT.
- Knowledge of Construction, Design and Management Regulations (CDM) 2015.
- Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- Hold a full UK driving license.
Desirable skills and training competencies.
- NVQ Level 6-Site Management
- Temporary Works Supervisor
- Hold Site Environmental Awareness training competency.
- Lift supervisor
- 3-days First Aid at work
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- Annual holiday entitlement
- Company vehicle and fuel card supplied
- IT equipment (Phone / laptop)