MAG/TIG Welders required to work on a mixture of rail vehicles and wagons both in Derby and nationally on site at various depots. This opportunity comes with great earning potential and the ability to expand your skills by gaining coding’s and training to define your career.
This opportunity provides you the chance to join an industry which has huge financial backing from the Government with projects such as HS2 and several new rail companies establishing themselves in the UK.
If interested, this could allow you the opportunity to expand on your current skills and give you the chance to visit clients across the UK to support on major rail projects.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out welding and fabrication either in the main depot or onsite with customers.
- Following engineering draws, WPS and work instructions to carry out repair work.
- Maintenance or corrosion repair on a variety of rail vehicles.
The ideal candidate will come from an engineering environment having on the job experience in both MAG and TIG welding as well as the ability to fabricate. They will be able to take on board advise and learn new skills quickly in order to progress their own ability. Having worked in the rail industry would be ideal however if you have worked on Steel, Mild Steel or Aluminium then this could still be the right next move for you.
- Ability to Weld both MAG and TIG
- Able to carry out fabrication
- Able to weld in a variety of positions (flat, vertical up, overhead, horizontal)
- Welding experience with Steel
- Already coded (will be given the opportunity to gain coding’s if not already)
- Ability to weld MIG or MMA
- Welding experience with Alliminium
Closing Date: 30/05/23
Likely Job Titles: Welder, Fabricator, Welder Fabricator,
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.