Electrical technicians required to transfer from automotive or heavy industry and carry out route cause failure analysis on a fleet of brand new state of the art trains.
Warranty Technician - 3 month rolling contract
£29.98 p/h umbrella
Fault Finding and Route Cause Analysis on Electrical and Electronic Systems on a Brand New State of the Art fleet of Trains. Identifying the root cause of any failures using a variety of diagnostic and testing software as well as in depth fault finding down to system and component level and performing any corrective actions required.
This role has the potential to become a permanent position for anyone that has this ambition.
Location: Newton Heath, Manchester
Contract: 3 month rolling contract (inside IR35) -
Shifts: 06.00am - 17:30PM
19:00PM - 05:30AM
Technicians are expected to be capable of working on the following types of systems, diagnosing faults, repairing and replacing major components:
- Troubleshoot using electrical schematics, test equipment, and diagnostic software, and carry out corrective repairs necessary to ensure the warranty of the new train’s equipment,
- Wiring and integration of circuit breakers, relays, transformers, insulators, cabinets, motors, and other associated electrical parts
- Use of a variety of electrical testing equipment including laptop computers with diagnostic software
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) minimum qualification
- Fault finding and root cause analysis experience.
- Able to interpret electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematic diagrams.
- Use of diagnostic software
- Use of test and measuring equipment
The ideal candidate will be electrically biased with experience working in Rail/Light Rail in a fast-paced environment.
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.