Fault Finding and Route Cause Analysis on Electrical and Electronic Systems on a Brand New State of the Art fleet of Trams. You’ll be ensuring the trams are safe to go out into service! Working within a busy depot, using a variety of fault finding equipment to rectify faults.
Initial 6 month contract
Rate: £30.34 P.H (Inside IR35)
A mixture, of days, nights and weekends – you must be flexible!
Role and Responsibilities
Technicians are expected to be capable of working on the following types of systems, diagnosing faults, repairing and replacing major components:
- Troubleshoot using electrical schematics, test equipment, and diagnostic software, and carry out corrective repairs necessary to ensure the warranty of the new tram’s equipment, including:
Traction Control and Brakes
* PIS, PA, and CCTV
* Passenger Access Doors
* Auxiliary Electrical Equipment
* Diesel Engines and generator sets
* High pressure hydraulics up to 300 bar
* High pressure pneumatics up to 12 bar
* Highly complex cab control systems including GPS positioning and On-track Safety Systems
* Wiring and integration of circuit breakers, relays, transformers, insulators, cabinets, motors, and other associated electrical parts
*Use of a variety of electrical testing equipment including laptop computers with diagnostic software
The ideal candidate will be electrically biased with experience of fault finding on vehicles in a fast paced environment, e.g. rail, aerospace, automotive, military, HGV or marine.
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) minimum qualification
- Fault finding and root cause analysis experience
- Able to interpret electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematic diagrams
- Use of diagnostic software
- Use of test and measuring equipment
Likely Job Titles:
Electrical Maintenance Technician, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Warranty Technician, Warranty Engineer, Electrical Technician, Rolling Stock Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Systems Technician, Systems Engineer, Diagnostic Engineer, Diagnostic Technician
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.