About The Role
EKFB is proud to have been appointed by HS2 to deliver civil engineering works across an 80km section of the new high speed rail link between the Chiltern Tunnel and Long Itchington Wood. We’re seeking to recruit a Utilities Coordinator to join our team.
This position holder will be responsible for the approval of ‘Permit to works’ and protection of utility assets within a sector of the EKFB works on the HS2 project. The Utility Coordinator will work independently of the Construction team and existing utilities teams to ensure that the Utility-Owner plans, service drawings (GIS) and ‘As Built’ records are current and available to the construction teams to support all works around utilities.
The Utilities Coordinator will review and approve all plans to break ground and ensure works are being planned in accordance with the ‘Breaking Ground Activities and Utility Detection Standard’. They will support the site teams in achieving a fully compliant and safe delivery of all works in the utilities sphere while striving for best practice in all matters related to utilities - including ensuring compliance with EKFB’s Underground and Overhead Services guidelines. The Utilities Coordinator will act as a point of contact with services providers for coordination of access requirements or if issues on site.
The Utilities Coordinator will liaise with the Utilities Construction Managers to ensure that there is effective coordination of incoming ‘As-Built’ information and this is captured in accordance with EKFBs policies.
About The Candidate
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- IOSH Avoiding Danger form Underground Services or EUSR or NVQ Equivalent
- Understanding of Overhead (GS6) and Underground (HSG47) procedures and constraints in working around of multi-utility’s.
- Knowledge of Statutory Undertakers safety and control procures
- Understanding of GIS
- HAUC, HS2 Act, Self lay process, Assurance & PPAs, Utility Regulations to inform project management of various design, construction and connection works with Statutory Undertakers.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).