- Demonstrable related experience in the rail industry, or other safety-critical industry.
- Must hold a relevant train-the-trainer qualification or other relevant experience.
- Proven delivery experience in a traditional classroom, experiential, and new digital forms of training including excellent virtual delivery skills.
- Able to present in front of a camera to a wide range of audiences.
- An effective understanding of the training cycle, with experience in assessing competency requirements and developing training programmes to address business and individual needs.
- A demonstrable understanding of effective adult teaching methodologies and tools.
- Proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint is essential); e-learning software is an asset.
- Presentation and public speaking skills with the ability to interact confidently and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in learning and development and lead through change with an eye for detail and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Communicate effectively and share thoughts and ideas through methods appropriate to the audience.
- Adapt and respond effectively when embracing new opportunities, change and navigating uncertainty.
- Actively contribute as part of a team and work towards achieving team goals and outcomes.
- Take responsibility and demonstrate accountability in completing tasks and achieving objectives, actively seeking to resolve problems and identify opportunities.
- Committed to customer service and placing customer satisfaction at the heart of our success to ensure we deliver against our shared goals.
- Can work collaboratively within an evolving industry, gaining stakeholder confidence through understanding their goals and motivations and demonstrating credibility as an expert.
- Make timely, informed decisions taking account of the benefits and constraints involved.
- Knowledge and understanding of Human Factors and Non-Technical Skills.
- Experience in delivering leadership and management training.
We are committed to investing in our staff and offer formal and informal learning opportunities for development.
We value diversity and equal opportunities in employment and are committed to creating a workplace which is inclusive to everyone. As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, we encourage candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria, to apply for our jobs. If you have applied under the Disability Confident Scheme, please let us know in advance by emailing vacancies@RSSB.CO.UK
If you require any reasonable adjustments with respect to our selection process including information in an alternative format, please contact us at email@example.com
We understand the importance of work-life balance and we offer our staff the flexibility to work within our core hours and the option to vary their location between both the office and home. If you are looking for further flexibility, speak to us at interview stage so that we can consider your request.
We value our staff and we offer a competitive benefits package to ensure our staff can achieve their best throughout their journey with us. This includes 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays); a holiday buy and sell scheme; private medical and dental cover; a season ticket loan and travel subsidy; access to a cycle to work scheme; volunteer leave; a performance related bonus and pension.