Are you looking for the opportunity to learn and progress your career in training, working at a historical train maintenance depot for a company committed to investing in their workforce?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are working with a rolling stock maintenance provider on their search for a Trainer Assessor to help them achieve their aims to be an industry leader in technological innovation and continuous improvement to product quality.
To achieve their business goals, this heavy engineering group need an open-minded and curious engineer to step in as a Trainer Assessor, striving for a higher standard of training provided and acquiring new skills and certifications along the way. This competent individual will support a drive for diversifying training methods, implementing blended learning, embracing technology, and modernising processes. This is a well-balanced role that provides the opportunity to design the learning experience while also engaging with and assessing the engineers on site. With a philosophy for cross-divisional collaboration and key members of staff planning to retire in the next few years, there will be plenty of opportunities to progress in the not-so-distant future. In the short term, they will benefit from an objective development plan and support with additional qualifications, making this role ideal for those who seek a long-term future with the company.
Wolverton, Milton Keynes (hybrid option available)
Role and Responsibilities:
- Creating training programme materials and conducting gap analysis in order to upskill the workforce (20% of the day-to-day).
- Carrying out engaging, hands-on training in Health & Safety, Mechatronic engineering. Training in various other niche disciplines, which will be taught to the suitable individual upon starting (40% of the day-to-day).
- Carrying out assessments on the technicians, ensuring that best practice is followed (40% of the day-to-day).
The ideal candidate will be open-minded and keen to learn, as this complex industry and organisation require constant change based on the projects they secure. This individual will be resilient and able to support the heavy workload while the business grows their Trainer Assessor Team and will share the Head of Development & Competency's vision for engaging on-the-job training for staff members.
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, ideally Mechatronic.
- Conducting Assessments (NVQ, City & Guilds, safety critical), but can consider a competent engineer with the desire to learn and support with a qualification.
- Rolling Stock industry background - strong preference.
Closing Date: 29 th September 2023
Likely Job Titles: Rolling Stock Technician, Trainer, Assessor, Health & Safety Engineer, Dual-skilled engineer, Mechatronic Engineer.
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.