As soon as a passenger gets on one of our trains it is up to you to ensure they feel welcome, comfortable and safe. Whether you’re greeting them or issuing them with a ticket you’ll adopt the same polite, personable, professional approach.
Issues with Passengers tickets, and especially delays can be distressing for our Passengers. At those times, the quality of your communication skills and your attention to detail are paramount. By applying excellent decision making skills and ensuring you stay calm under pressure you will be ready for any problem that comes your way.
You’ll also need to be comfortable with responsibility, as you’ll be looking after the safety and security of thousands of people every day. With a mixture of classroom and work based learning, you can qualify to become a Southeastern Conductor within around 3 months and gain the skills required to deal with any possible circumstance.
On appointment into a Trainee Conductor role you will be enrolled into the Conductor Apprenticeship Programme which will lead to a nationally recognised qualification.
You will be given full vocational training (including functional skills) to ensure you have the skills, experience and knowledge required for the role.
You will work a varied shift pattern, which includes weekends, bank holidays and nights.
You may be required to start work before the first train in the morning and some shifts will mean you will finish after the last train has dispatched for the evening – so ideally you will have your own transport to get to and from your place of work.
Interested? Click apply and submit your application to be considered for these exciting opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for these opportunities, you should demonstrate the following in your application:
- Face to face customer service experience
- Cash handling experience
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Communication skills
- Ability to work calmly and make decisions under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Resilient and able to remain professional in confrontational situations
- IT skills
- Live within a 15 miles of the Depot you are applying for - this important to ensure that there is adequate rest between shifts and that your journeys to and from work are as safe as possible.
- Be over 18 years old
Are you interested in finding out more about all of the different types of roles Southeastern have to offer? Then register your interest today to attend one of our Recruitment Webinars by following the link below!:
** Please note that if we recieve a high number of applicants then we may have to close the job earlier than stated **
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (which includes bank holidays)
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
- Full training, a nationally recognised qualification and free uniform
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.