About The Role
We currently have a unique opportunity for an experienced individual to join the business a Trainee HSEQ Advisor for our Power Network division
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you will be trained to achieve the following:
- Works with HSEQ Manager to continually, improve implement and maintain the integrated ISO 45001, 27001, 14001 and 9001 Management System.
- Conducts site Multi Utility Audits
- Undertakes Site audits and inspections on all Linbrooke projects and compiles reports on findings and actions plans
- Under supervision develops and produces high level project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Documentation including but not limited to Construction Phase Plan, Environmental Plan, and Site Waste Management plan for Linbrooke Services projects undertaking Principal Contractor’s duties Board reports and client metrics.
- Develops Risk Assessments (COSHH / Welfare / First Aid / Fire) to identify Risks and Hazards and advise on adequate control measures to ensure identified risks are brought down to an acceptable level.
- Conducts supplier HSEQ audits where requested to ensure “Cat A” suppliers management systems and procedures are developed and implemented in-accordance with Linbrooke requirements.
- Review project documentation for suitability against Linbrooke Management System and standards.
- Conducts in house training with management and employees regarding all Health and Safety issues and risks.
- Undertakes investigations of accidents and close calls as requested, making appropriate recommendations where necessary to prevent re-occurrence.
- Undertakes accident investigations, compiles reports on findings and develops action plans for any non-conformance close out.
- At all times maintain an awareness of Health & Safety legislation and proposed legislation, codes of practise, and activity in the Health & Safety field in other industries and companies to ensure that up to date knowledge and continued appropriateness of company policies and procedures.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- Working at Height Theory & Awareness Training
- Working at Height Practical Training
- Manual Handling Practical Training
- Fire Safety Awareness Training
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Training
- CDM Regulations Training
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- Accident Investigation Training
- Investigation, Incident and Interview Training Course
- IEMA Qualification
- Member IOSH
- Qualifications – NEBOSH Certificate / NVQ Level 3, working towards NEBOSH Diploma is desirable
- Level 1 award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health
- Level 3 award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health
- Emergency First Aid at Work or First Aid at Work
- Face Fit – Train the Trainer
Monday to Friday, Office based position.
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home*.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.