Your New Role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Permanent -Trainee Examiner/Inspector to join our CEFA account in Fort William - Hybrid working.
Amey has worked continuously with Network Rail delivering aspects of the CEFA contracts since 2009, taking responsibility for the asset management and examination of different assets during this time.
Amey undertakes Structural Examinations, Structural Assessments, Operational Property Inspections, Earthworks Examinations, Technical Monitoring and provide Rapid Response services for Network Rail in several routes throughout the United Kingdom. Civil Examination Framework Agreement (CEFA) team includes over 200 Structures Examiners working on behalf of Network Rail to assess over 70,000 structures across the UK.
Trainee Examiner/Inspector Performs all work within the CEFA contract, maximising efficiency, effectiveness and new technology to ensure compliance with all relevant standards. All duties must be delivered safely and in accordance with the requirements of the client.
You will be mentored by an experienced Examiner to carry out site examinations of structures to Network Rail standards and other contract requirements.
The standard hours of work are 37.5 hrs per week.
Work-life balance and flexibility are key for our success. We empower our people to make choices that are right for them, with hybrid, part-time and flexible work patterns. And with a network of offices across the UK, we’re open to discussing working options that suit you.
You will be responsible for:
- Compile and submit condition reports using the structures database system for reviewing by the Examining Engineers team. Note reports will need to be verified by mentoring Examiner.
- Undertake mentorship reviews to demonstrate work towards attainment of STE competency.
- Complete required railway, safety and technical training as set out in the training agreement.
- Utilising handheld technology, or other means, to determine structural condition as allocated within the structures database or other agreed systems within defined timescales
- Perform special examinations as directed including assistance with monitoring schemes for sensitive structures.
- Undertake reconnaissance visits.
- Under mentorship undertake on-call duties usually on a 1 in 4 frequency, in support of rapid response, including bridge strike.
- Assist in provision of safety critical site support duties as required (COSS, ES SWL1 and 2).
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Interest in Engineering/Construction/Maintenance
- GCSE or equivalent level qualification in English
- Self-driven and motivated individuals
- Safety conscious individuals
- Flexibility with working location
- Be able to plan and deliver work to set deadlines
In addition to this we have the following essential requirements:
- Full driving licence
- Pass initial and random Drug and Alcohol screenings
- Strong literacy and verbal communication skills
- IT Literate with minimum Word and Excel processing
What we can offer you:
- Career Development - Exceptional development and progression plan
- Company Car / Car allowance
- Pension – Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays - Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices - Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership.
- Save with Amey - Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers.
- Social Value - You’ll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives.
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today – We are excited to hear from you!