Purpose of the role
This vacancy is for a Traincare Centre manager for Bletchley, the project has a number of phases and the plan will be for the successful candidate to support the operational set up and mobilization of the TSA at SOHO in 2022 and then mobilise Bletchley and move into the TCM role at Bletchey in 2023.
This is a significant opportunity, to be directly involved in the organisation design, influence facility upgrades and support TUPE activity and team member integration into Alstom. The West Midlands contract is to Build and Maintain 81 Aventra Units. The fleet is split into 36x3 Car and 45x5. The 3 Car fleet will be maintained at the Soho Depot in Birmingham and the 5 car fleet at Bletchley Depot in Milton Keynes. The maintenance contract runs to 2026.
To manage T&RS maintenance & overhaul contracts, and manage the Traincare Centre; this includes the following:
- Ensure work is performed in a safe and effective manner in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974), Rules and Regulations, Railway Group Standards, Customer Safety Case and ALSTOM Policies and Procedures
- Ensure trains are made available to meet customer contractual requirements
- Ensure that fleet performance is monitored in order to deliver customer requirements continuously, and that corrective action is taken when fleet performance fails to meet targets
- Ensure that Traincare Centre operations, including rail vehicle movements and management of the infrastructure, are managed in a safe and effective manner
- Manage the interface with the unit’s principal customer(s)
- Ensure that ALSTOM policies for development of people, including objective setting and appraisal, are fully implemented at the unit
- Ensure that the project(s) delivers operating income and cash in line with plan, and that corrective action is taken when required
- Ensure that satisfactory financial controls are in place at the location(s)
- Ensure interfaces with suppliers, including other ALSTOM units, are managed correctly
- To lead key business initiatives and implement on depots as appropriate to include APSYS (Kaizen continuous improvement), HEP (Human Error Prevention), and Environmental Standard ISO140001.
- To ensure that documented Quality procedures are adhered to, and that departmental quality procedures are maintained and updated as required.
- To carry out Quality, Safety and Communication briefings as required.
- Safety & Environmental Responsibilities.
Desired Knowledge / Experience
- Management experience of large groups of staff 10+
- Preferable experience in fleet and /or maintenance operations and planning role.
- Technical knowledge of relevant Traction and Rolling Stock.
- An Understanding of Railway Depot and Railway Industry Operations preferable.
- An Understanding of local Customer requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Manpower Management Skills.
- Ability to work to tight delivery timescales.
What we offer
We offer a highly competitive remuneration package, 25 days annual leave (with the opportunity to increase to 30 days), plus 8 bank holiday days. Healthcare, life assurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive, and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
We aim to have a welcoming and inclusive environment for individuals, of different ages, genders, ethnicities, disability, LGBT, religion and/or belief. As a 'Disability Confident' employer, we will interview all disabled job applicants who match the essential criteria of the job description or specification. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.