Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
About the role:
This is a great opportunity to be involved in the setting up of a new team which is focussed on the CEx touchpoints with our customers including the overall train presentation. The successful candidate will be directly involved in customer facing meetings, reviewing data and insight, working with internal Alstom teams and cleaning contractors to improve standards/output and efficiencies whilst looking for opportunities to add value for the customer.
Working within a team of 3 based in one of our Traincare Centre’s (North or South), you will be required to travel around the network to carry out the role. A degree of flexibility will be required and a mixture of nights, early mornings and evenings may be required to see the full 24 hr lifecycle of a train service.
Responsible for ensuring that trains meet our customers Train Presentation contractual requirements while adhering to the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974), Rules and Regulations, Railway Group Standards, Customer SafetyCase and ALSTOM Policies and procedures.
- Interface closely with key customers
- Building relationships with key suppliers
- Help customers with sustainability strategies
- Alstom single point of contact for all Customer facing issues e.g. Cleaning/Train presentation matters
- Develop and carry out a programme of Customer/Supplier Audits to ensure the highest standards are maintained
- Liaise/interact with other Alstom Departments
- Work collaboratively to develop a CEx strategy
- Management of Cleaning Service Provider on daily basis via Performance KPI’s to include on patch and off patch
- Supporting monthly contract reviews with Cleaning Service Providers
- Collaboration with Fleet Engineering to ensure maximum reliability of catering equipment, plus other onboard
- customer facing equipment – toilets, HVAC, PIS, SRS
- Working with customers to ensure that defect reporting is as effective as possible
- Building close partnerships with the Train Operators and customers via performance reviews, and actively seeking feedback and delivering on that feedback.
- Handling Customer complaints regarding Train presentation
- Ensuring ad hoc out stabled trains, blockades, changes to train timetable schedules are dealt with appropriately.
- Seeking out best practice and innovation on the market.
- Customer experience in the railway industry or similar
- Experience of managing contractor relationships & KPI’s
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Structure and organised with hands on approach
- IT skills – good knowledge of office packages, e-mail and intranet
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive, and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
We aim to have a welcoming and inclusive environment for individuals, of different ages, genders, ethnicities, disability, LGBT, religion and/or belief. As a 'Disability Confident' employer, we will interview all disabled job applicants who match the essential criteria of the job description or specification. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.