Job Title: Train Delivery Team Member (Railway / Rolling Stock / Trains) - Night Shift
Location: Cricklewood, North London
Interviews/Start Date: Immediate start.
Competitive salary: 20,709.14 rising to 25,886.42 after 6 months, plus London allowance, shift allowance and company benefits.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Train Delivery Team Member to join the sustainable railway sector for East Midlands Railway (EMR) at Cricklewood Depot, North London. The desired candidate will be reporting to the Train Delivery Team Leader, as part of the train delivery team, working towards set targets and quality standards to ensure trains are delivered to customers safely and on time.
Ganymede Solutions provides high-quality technical recruitment solutions to sectors including rail, engineering, infrastructure, and manufacturing. Our company proactively embrace diversity across our workforce, taking positive steps to promote a diverse and inclusive culture, and being committed to respecting and appreciating all team members` values and contributions.
We are looking for reliable and committed individual who can ensure a safe working environment for the team during the whole shift. To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate: excellent time management and organisation skills and have the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload. Required ability to work in a team and individually to achieve work targets, using your initiative where necessary.
Your responsibilities as a Train Delivery Team Member will consist of:
- Being the point of contact for EMR at Cricklewood, liaise with Drivers, Control, Cleaning team members and third parties.
- Carry out cleaning duties where required for EMR at Cricklewood Depot and London
- Operate fuel line and depot equipment.
- Ensure the working environment is safe and maintained, including weather precautions.
- Work regular night shifts in an outdoor environment.
- Ensure all work is conducted to defined quality and safety standards.
- Assist with special projects and additional tasks as required.
Whilst it would be ideal if you are already familiar with the importance of servicing and delivery in a railway depot setting, we would welcome your application if you had a background working in similar quality-focussed, safety and operational environments, such as aircraft, aviation, buses any form of transportation, or industrial cleaning. Knowledge of Designated Person and Personal Track Safety for depot operations is preferable, but not essential as training can be provided for the right candidates.
Our depots operate 24/7 and you will work a rostered shift pattern (including regular night shifts) for which you will be paid a shift allowance. The contract includes 35 standard hours, with a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. You will be working night shifts from 21:00pm to 05:45am.
Shift allowance and London allowance upon completion of relevant testing, interview, and 6-month probationary period with EMR. You will also need to live within 60 minutes' travelling time of the depot or be prepared to re-locate if offered the role.
This is a safety-critical role and as part of the recruitment process, you will need to pass online psychometric testing and a company medical, which includes drug and alcohol screening and colour vision testing.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary: 20,709.14 rising to 25,886.42 after 6 months, plus London allowance and shift allowance
- Excellent defined benefit Railway Pension scheme
- Free standard leisure travel on the EMR network and Train Operating
- Companies under Abellio & LNER
- Friends and Family discounted tickets on the EMR network
- 75% discount on national leisure travel (including partner and dependants)
- Various training and development opportunities
- Employee benefits portal with access to generous discounts, Cycle 2 Work Scheme and many more!
What Happens Next?
To discuss this role in further detail, please contact Michael Dobson at:
After applying for the Train Delivery Team Member role, your CV will be reviewed, and you may be contacted to discuss the role further. The selected candidates will be requested to complete the Solo video interview before progressing to a face-to-face interview with the client. If successful in being offered the role, you shall need to provide your eligibility to work in the UK and attend a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol test.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation