Your New Role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Permanent Track Engineer to join our Transpire (TRU) account in Manchester - Hybrid working.
Transpennine Amey is working in partnership with Network Rail on the Transpennine route upgrade project since 2018, with an increased focus on providing reliable, frequent, faster, and greener railways to the North of England.
Covering 76 miles of railway between Manchester, Leeds, York, Selby and onto Humberside, we lay the foundations, covering upgrades to civils, track, railway systems and electrification to the west of Leeds.
By completing such works, we aim to support Network Rail with cutting carbon emissions and ensuring to deliver a smoother, more enjoyable journey to their customers.
Track Engineer plays an important part in assisting the Senior Engineer by providing technical support for all allocated contract works. To assist in finding engineering solutions to ensure conformance to the specification and compliant delivery to programme. Contribute to the overall planning and site delivery of the works allocated by the SE.
The standard hours of work are 37.5 hrs per week.
You will be responsible for:
- Work to a mentoring / development plan for engineers and apprentices assigned for mentorship / development by the SE.
- Assist in Managing the engineering activity on the allocated projects including support for design reviews; communication and consultation with other functions (design, install and test) over changes; and interfaces with other disciplines (including facilitating inter-disciplinary check meetings).
- Assist the Senior Engineer and if required, the Renewals Manager in developing the plan for engineering resource required to deliver the project plan, assist in the production of the WPP's/TB's and risk assessments proposed for the work.
- Provide necessary site support to the project team (renewals manager, senior engineer, construction manager, site supervisors, resource providers and sub-contractors) throughout the works to ensure that critical engineering decisions can be made in a timely manner and that issues arising can be dealt with to ensure compliance with a minimum of re-work.
- Responsible for drafting and editing WPP's / TB's for all allocated works are produced and in place, and that the content is to a high standard. Carry out regular checks and audits.
- The role is one based in an office / site environment. It is a requirement of the role to attend site on a when required (including weekends and / or night shifts) to deliver allocated works within the TRU track contract.
We want to hear from you if you have:
Sufficient underpinning knowledge to attain the appropriate qualification, such as HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or similar approved. Sufficient time served experience in a Project Engineer role is acceptable providing a CV with references is submitted.
Experience of railway construction planning and of specific discipline
Computer literacy - Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Projects
Understanding of Railway planning systems
Understanding of the Railway operating environment
Temporary works - preferred
IOSH Managing Safely (or SMSTS / SSSTS) - Preferred
What we can offer you?
- Career Development - Exceptional development and progression plan
- Company Car / Car allowance
- Pension - Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays - Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices - Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership.
- Save with Amey - Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers.
- Social Value - You'll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives.
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please contact our recruitment team at to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today - We are excited to hear from you!