Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Track Design Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake the production of permanent way design, working as part of a dedicated track design engineering team.
As a Track Design Engineer you’ll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
In a typical week you will:
- Undertake designs to a level that complies with NR, RSSB and British standards
- Ability to use the design software in the discipline
- Deputise for the CRE as required
- Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards
- Prepare design and assessment reports
- Assisting more junior members of the team with the development of schemes within the GRIP stages with relevance to their level of competence and ability.
- Actively contribute to site surveys
- Independently undertake design and assessment work for track designs
- Communicate effectively with other design disciplines
- Have knowledge of interfaces between track and other railway disciplines and how these are managed
- Engage in CDM/CSM/risk analyses
We want to hear from you if:
- Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or Ieng.
- Completed Graduate Training Programme or appropriate level of experience in a relevant area, confirmed using the authority to work process.
- Understand the requirements of the review process for IEng/CEng qualification.
- Full understanding of the Network rail GRIP Process
- Working knowledge of Grip 3, 4 and 5
- Experience with Microstation, PRT, ClearRoute 2, SD Calculator or Track-Ex
- Working knowledge of common plain line track componentry and basic S&C componentry with respect to design
- Have a basic understanding of BIM
Our rewards make us feel valued. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental and more
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges; and we’ll give you the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
You’ll be stretched, but always supported. We’ll recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
Established in 2007, Fission Recruitment specialise in the recruitment of permanent employees and contractors for the rail and highways industry.
Key to what we do is assist our candidate in their long-term planning and continued skill acquisition. We offer free advice, industry knowledge and CV consultation, ensuring that all candidates have equal opportunities to develop their career.
Please apply to find out more details about how we can help you find your next position. We understand that every individual looks for a new role for a number of different reasons, whether it’s financial, culture, sustainability or equality and diversity, we can help you navigate your way to success.
Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you?
With my client, you’ll work with high profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
It’s where you feel valued and alive.
Fresh Challenge, new opportunity
We’re big thinkers who love finding solutions to difficult problems, and we’re passionate about using our skills to make an impact, working on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and HS2.
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, my client has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of over 550 employees, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Fission Recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this job.