Your future role
Take on a new challenge and apply your Test Quality Engineering expertise in a new cutting-edge field. You’ll support several departments, including Design Authorities, Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, and work alongside Experienced, Supportive teammates.
You'll be an important integral part in assisting with a scheduled production workload along with a service function to specific turnaround times to return the repairs to the customer.
We’ll look to you for:
• Test and repair electronic signalling equipment in line with procedure.
• Re-Working/Repair to recognized quality standards in accordance with ICP610.
• Use commercially available test equipment i.e. Digital Voltmeters, Meggers, Oscilloscopes etc.
• Participates in daily meetings and fulfills daily priorities as set by the Incoming Inspection leader.
• Accept or Reject products as defined in the inspection instruction/ checklist.
• Maintain all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner.
All about you
We value passion and attitude over experience. That’s why we don’t expect you to have every single skill. Instead, we’ve listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role:
• Qualified to ONC/HNC/CITY & GUILDS equivalent in electronic engineering. (Qualified by experience will be also considered).
• Experience working in a test/repair role in a manufacturing industry
• Knowledge of working on electronic Safety Vital Equipment
• Experience of testing railway signaling equipment
• Experience of ATE (automatic test equipment)
On a more personal level, you will also need to be:
• Self-motivated with a desire to learn.
• Able to work independently.
• A strong team player, with effective interpersonal skills.
Things you’ll enjoy.
Join us on a life-long transformative journey – the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career.
• Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines.
• Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues.
• Contribute to innovative projects.
• Utilise our Supportive working environment.
• Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries.
• Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
• Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive benefits (pension, life ins., medical, + anything specific to the site e.g. free on-site parking, canteen etc).
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!