Test Interface Manager ETCS
Ensure that test logs arising from rig and track test are appropriately prioritised and routed to ensure prompt closure in line with project timescales. This entails co-ordination and maintenance of the resulting “defect” tickets in Champ FX and possible raising of resultant CRs if changes result from test log analysis. Requires interfacing with domain experts to expedite analysis of test logs and obtain solutions as needed (e.g., new software releases from suppliers or Design House updates to designs). Reporting of status and issues up the chain as will have high client visibility, requiring strong reporting / dashboard skills.
Act as the interface to test for receiving and issuing updated Word format test logs. Create a Champ FX ticket (“CFX”) for each test log received in a defined way. On completion of processing of the resultant CFX, the original Word test log is updated with the results from the CFX and is issued to test. This is a mechanistic process that should be possible to automate in part at least.
The Systems Engineer Test Interface Manager will be expected to plan their own work within their overall agreed targets have excellent communication skills. This role will help play a major part in delivering the ETCS on-board systems necessary as the business demands.
The Systems Engineer Test Interface Manager role will report to the ETCS System Integration Manager. The role will support the technical work streams for all ETCS on-board projects.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) in an engineering, scientific or numerate discipline (essential)
- Proven track record and experience of working within the rail sector (essential)
- Proven track record and experience of working within a test team and managing test defects (essential)
- ETCS On Board System knowledge sufficient to understand appropriate routing of test logs (essential)
- Champ FX knowledge or similar tool. (essential)
- Project management / dashboarding skills.
- Ideally some automation skills to streamline the Word – Champ FX process and make as “Lean” as possible.
- Knowledge of ETCS principles and specifications