About The Role
Due to continuous growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a motivated and dedicated individual to join our team in the capacity of a Telecoms Installer.
Our Telecoms and E&P group have a proven record in project delivery from large to small multi/single discipline projects, providing engineering support and assurance on numerous regional and national rail frameworks throughout the UK.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- The safety of both Linbrooke employees and clients/public who may come into contact with our day to day operations
- Incident, close call, near miss reporting
- The quality of installation of assets onto the Rail infrastructure
- The safe use of materials onsite
- The safe use of plant onsite
- Mobilisation & demobilisation of site
- Ability to understand a Task Briefing
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with signed AFC designs
- Ability and interpretation and implement technical designs
- Ensure that that the potential for design change is notified to the delivery engineer at the earliest opportunity to allow the CRE/designer to review and provide alternatives
- Complete sign the installation check sheets as verification of works complete in accordance with the AFC design and quality standards and return these to the delivery engineer
- Maintain an engineering log book
- Install, splice and test optical fibre
- Install terminate and test copper cable
- Maintain photographs of all installation works pre and post works
- Maintain as built “red penned” (with Delivery engineer)
- Work, safely, as directed by your line manager
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Relevant trade/construction experience.
- Driving Licence
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project safety management experience.
- Working knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
- Basic IT skills linked to good document management
- SISS systems awareness
- Fibre Optic technology install jointing and testing
- Copper cabling install and testing
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- CDM Regulations Training
- Work at Risk Assessment / Planning / Approval
- 432 Ribbon Fibre ODF Installation and Termination
Monday to Friday, could include weekend working
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home*.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.