We have an exciting new Technician vacancy on our TransPennine Express Project in Longsight, Manchester. As a Technician you will be responsible for fault finding and root cause analysis on electrical and electronic systems on a brand new, state of the art fleet of trains. Use of electrical schematics, test and measuring equipment, and diagnostic software to identify the root cause of train failures. You will perform corrective actions on the new trains in a depot environment, adhering to all safety procedures, and using electronic management systems.
The hourly rate is £21.59 rising to £22.24 shift on certification of competence
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The technicians are expected to be capable of working on the following types of systems, diagnosing faults, repairing and replacing major components:
- Troubleshoot using electrical schematics, test equipment, and diagnostic software, and carry out corrective repairs necessary to ensure the warranty of the new train’s equipment, including:
- Traction Control and Brakes
- PIS, PA, and CCTV
- Passenger Access Doors
- Auxiliary Electrical Equipment
- Diesel Engines and generator sets
- High voltage systems (pantograph etc.)
- High pressure hydraulics up to 300 bar
- High pressure pneumatics up to 12 bar
- Highly complex cab control systems including GPS positioning and On-track Safety Systems
- Wiring and integration of circuit breakers, relays, transformers, insulators, cabinets, motors, and other associated electrical parts
- Use of a variety of electrical testing equipment including laptop computers with diagnostic software
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILL
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/ PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Fault finding and root cause analysis experience
- Able to interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematic diagrams
- Use of diagnostic software
- Use of test and measuring equipment
- 3 years post apprenticeship experience
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Available for shift work (Days & Nights including weekends)
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At CAF Rail UK, diversity and inclusion is recognised and valued and difference is respected. As a proud member of WISE, we are committed to diversifying our workforce and nurturing a workplace culture of inclusion for all colleagues. Our mission is to identify, attract, and retain a diverse range of colleagues with a wealth of experience and talent from a wide candidate pool.
We support difference, and acknowledge that we are able to better succeed together with a diverse team of employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe everyone deserves to be treated fairly and feel included. We recruit based on capability and performance - regardless of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, or disability.
CAF RAIL UK EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
At CAF Rail UK, we are committed to the health and wellbeing of all our employees. Through our benefits programme, we aim to enhance employee engagement and promote a positive workplace culture, where all employees are valued and supported. We are proud to offer our employees:
- Generous annual leave balances
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave
- Excellent workplace pension scheme
- Wealth Management & access to financial workshops
- Bike2Work scheme
- Access to a dedicated and supportive EAP as well as a generous health care cash plan
- Access to a exclusive rewards, discounts and special offers at over 1000 leading high street and online retailers
- Flexible Working and Family Friendly company policies
- Life Assurance
- Professional Membership and Sponsorship
- Charity days in support of Corporate Social Responsibility
ABOUT CAF RAIL UK
CAF Rail UK is a world class leader in the international market for the design, manufacture, maintenance and supply of equipment and components for railway systems. We're proud to be recognised for our versatility, flexibility and for our capacity to constantly adapt and innovate.
CAF Rail UK operates from several locations across the UK. Employing over 250 people at depots in Belfast, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Chester, Birmingham, and Wembley, we're excited by our growth and the opportunities this brings to our team.
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the rail industry? Want to be proud of where you work and what you do? Searching for an engaging role where you will be a valued member of the team and supported to be your best? Apply today to join an industry leader and an organisation where people matter.