Ford & Stanley Recruitment are working with a specialist Freight Haulage company who are on their search for a Technical Material Lead. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a business who provide safe, secure and reliable nuclear solutions across the UK. Working as part of the Engineering function, the successful candidate be the main point of contract for technical material matters and wellbeing for both the Procurement and Material Handling teams. Ensuring that all rail vehicles have identified Bill of Materials (BOM’s) designated against planned maintenance events including major overhauls, the Technical Material Lead will ensure the listed material complies with all relevant safety regulations, guidelines, and standards.
The role would suit a candidate that has a strong technical and engineering background well as the drive and desire to proactively learn a complex role. If you are passionate about implementing processes and driving improvements at the work this one could be a challenge for you. The candidate will also have the opportunity of working closely with a highly established maintenance manager who has a key focus on developing and progressing the successful individual.
Position: Technical Material Lead.
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Benefits: Please confirm wider benefits package.
Crewe or Carlisle - Core working hours are 08:30 – 16:30 but this can be flexible.
Role and Responsibilities
- To be lead point of contact for the Procurement and Material Handling teams on technical material matters.
- To liaise with and continually update the HSEQ department on findings and trends, keep overall knowledge of company HSEQ policy refreshed by regular meetings.
- Act as main interface between Engineering, Procurement and Material Handling departments to ensure the correct material is identified enabling Procurement to place contracts with suppliers in a timely manner.
- Provide daily support & guidance to the Procurement management team.
- Oversee the assessment and auditing cycle of technical compliance for suppliers.
- Participate in commercial planning activities, with input to relevant business development, sales and contract-management decisions.
- Degree Educated – would consider HND or equivalent experience within engineering.
- Must be able to interpret maintenance instructions (VIMs) - In depth knowledge of engineering maintenance.
- Experience with conducting data analysis – knowledge and understanding of analytical techniques.
- Previous experience working to regulated/legislated standards, ensuring compliance.
Other Contextual Information/Special Features
- Security Level – Security Check (SC).
- Willing and able to travel.
- Flexible approach to work.
Closing Date: 27/01/23
Likely Job Titles: Support Engineer, Project Support Engineer
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.