The purpose of Team Coordinator is to provide Senior Leader administrative and secretarial support and to provide Team Administration support across the Design Directorate with the effective management of the travel arrangements and supporting other key Directorate Meetings.
About the Role
• Act as first point of contact for the Senior Leader for all enquires and requests for information, redirecting and responding as appropriate, and ensuring that all tasks are completed to a high standard.
• Manage and coordinate the Senior Leaders mailbox, respond to requests for information and escalate requests requiring action to the Senior Leader.
• Manage and coordinate the Senior Leaders diary of internal and external meetings, including all professional engagements and any other appointments.
• Liaise with other Executive and Senior Leadership Team Personal Assistant’s to arrange meetings with the Executive, Senior Leadership Team and other key stakeholders to ensure effective use of time.
• Collate responses and required documentation for the Senior Leaders meetings to ensure effective running of meetings.
• Gather information, compile reports and maintain these to support the activities of the Senior Leader.
• File all documentation effectively and maintain the document management system to ensure ease of access.
• Update and maintain Departmental, Directorate and HS2-wide records, databases and systems for the Senior Leader to ensure effective management of the Department.
• Manage all travel requirements and bookings for the Senior Leader and key members of the support team within policy and budget.
• Prepare briefing packs, meeting papers and all other documentation, including chasing and co-ordinating agreed actions and responses as required, to ensure meetings run smoothly.
• Format presentations for use in senior management meetings to create clear and high impact presentations.
• Update and maintain various administrative and team documents for the Design Directorate on SharePoint including filing for Senior Leader.
• Assist in document management processes for the Design Directorate utilising eB where appropriate. Liaise with the HS2 document management team.
• Organise Site Visits offsite from beginning to end ensuring compliance with Health and Safety practices at all times.
• Manage competing priorities • Manage relationships with stakeholders, engaging with the team on behalf of Design Director.
• Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
• Computer and IT skills – including full use of MS Office suite or equivalent
• Organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, allocate and organise appointments and meetings in a logical manner.
• Able to complete support and administrative tasks to agreed deadlines with attention to detail.
• Meeting management skills - prepare appropriate documentation for meetings.
• Ability to produce clear, understandable and grammatically correct minutes and documents.
• Ability to take on projects from beginning to end, to ensure effective management of the Design Directorate leadership team.
• Relationship building skills with the ability to meet and manage visitors to Euston or Birmingham and influence across a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Flexible problem solving and dealing with ad-hoc issues whilst also being able to work to specific procedures or protocols.
• Communication and interpersonal skills – ability to engage positively and represent the Design Directorate and wider Directorate and the ability to handle sensitive issues with discretion and diplomacy.
• Knowledge of executive office and business management.
• Knowledge of senior meetings processes.
Type of experience:
• Experience of providing administrative and secretarial support to senior stakeholders, including managing workload and meeting agreed deadlines.
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.