Systems Engineer (Technical Process and Modelling)
This role will be working within a small team reporting directly to the Technical Process and Modelling Lead. The Technical Directorate Department is comprised of Design Management, Engineering, Technical Interface, Temporary Works, Materials, Technical Assurance, Quality Management, Ground Investigation and Survey and are responsible for delivery of the technical requirements of the project.
The delivery programme is based upon the development and application of a common data environment with appropriate automated workflows and notifications to expedite the delivery process in the most efficient consistent and timely manner.
The Process Improvement team are working to model and analyse the technical processes and their interdependencies. The Technical Process and Modelling Engineer will deliver the process improvement activities by modelling, performing analysis and continuous improvement of key technical directorate processes across the technical lifecycle. They will adopt new analysis techniques as applicable, to drive continuous improvement. This role is open to individuals with differing levels of experience from junior to a more senior engineering background. Professional and personal development is very important to the wider department. This role will be expected to take an active part in contributing to the systems engineering community of practice and will be supported by a likeminded group of individuals practicing the many different aspects of systems engineering.
• To support the Technical Process and Modelling Lead in the development and implementation of the process improvement initiatives within the project.
• Tracking progress of process improvement Initiatives, identifying areas for attention, and providing updates to feed into the plan to ensure delivery as expected.
• Work in the team following an agile approach
• Coordinate process modelling activities and appropriate workshops with owners.
• Take a systems-based approach to process modelling and improvement
• Plan, deliver and facilitate workshops with stakeholders of varying levels and disciplines to both understand the as-is process, and when developing the improvement.
• Contribute to the continued improvement of the processes and systems for Design, Construction, Testing & Commissioning and Handover in collaboration with delivery teams, subject matter experts, stakeholders, and the employer.
• Identify, document, and advocate best practice for process improvement.
• Contribute to and develop the systems-based methodology for process improvement.
• Undertake activities such as process modelling, analysis, role analysis, work product analysis and task analysis.
• Contributing to and review of maturity assessment levels.
• Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
• Detailed knowledge of system or process modelling methodologies and practical experience of modelling using tools such as IBM DOORS Next, IBM Rhapsody, IBM Method composer or similar.
• Experience of working at equivalent level in a multi-disciplined project environment.
• Practical experience delivering programs following an agile approach.
• Experience working within the system-based approach or process improvement disciplines.
• High level knowledge of roles, processes and dependencies involved in a large scale multi discipline, multi organization programmes.
• High standard of verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate concepts to variety of audiences.
• Good information management and analytical skills, able to quickly and efficiently seek out the relevant and pertinent points from large volumes of project information.
• The successful candidate will have demonstrated system thinking capabilities
• Capable of working collaboratively and effectively with project delivery teams, management and the project leadership and credible in building relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
In addition to the above discipline role, the Technical Process and Modelling Engineer must carry out their duties in accordance with the Company Core Values: