R&D Systems Engineer
A Systems Engineer is required to join our R&D Department to support the delivery of ground-breaking railway signalling products and solutions. The product portfolio supports both mainline and mass transit railways and includes safety-critical and safety-related products.
The Systems Engineer will work closely with product development teams, project teams and other stakeholders, working collaboratively to achieve development milestones, focussing on the production of systems engineering artefacts.
The Systems Engineer will be expected to provide technical leadership for their allocated tasks, particularly in the early lifecycle activities of the allocated project. The role includes responsibilities for the following system engineering activities.
• Provide expert technical leadership for their allocated tasks.
• Customer requirements elicitation, capture and analysis.
• System requirements elicitation and specification.
• System design analysis and specification.
• Product requirements specification.
• Interface definition and control.
• Product design analysis and specification.
In addition, the Systems Engineer may be required to:
• Act as an Agile Product Owner for the project
• Provide estimations for the duration of each of their systems engineering tasks.
• Support integration and system testing
• Report on progress as required.
• Proven experience of providing technical leadership in demanding safety critical environments.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the systems engineering life cycle and processes involved in other engineering disciplines.
• Systems engineering knowledge of railway signalling systems
• Substantial experience in writing requirements for railway products/systems.
• Experience of requirement management tools, such as DOORS and Polarion.
• Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Motivated, dependable and self-reliant.
• Demonstrable experience of solving complex problems.
• Proven experience of working to CENELEC standards.
• Experience of railway systems products
• Experience of Object-Oriented modelling notations and techniques, such as SySML and MBSE.
• Experience of Agile and SCRUM working practices.
• Experience of working as an Agile Product Owner.