About The Role
We have an opening in our Rail division for a Civils Supervisor to join our team. A Civils Supervisor is the person with overall responsibility for the safety of all planned work on Network Rail worksites.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
There will only ever be one person undertaking the role of Civils Supervisor) on each work site. Depending on the activities, the safe work leader may be supported by task leaders / COSS (controllers of site safety). A task leader / COSS is the person responsible for carrying out a particular job / task within a worksite in a possession. The Civils supervisor will be involved in planning the tasks and will be important in deciding whether any late changes to the plan can be accepted. All work on or near the line, and any work which poses a risk to the safe running of the operational railway.
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Planning and managing a worksite within a possession: leading and managing the risks of multiple tasks and how they interface. A task leader will lead each work area.
- The safety of both Linbrooke employees and clients/public who may come into contact with our day-to-day operations
- Incident, close call, near miss reporting
- Initial incident management and safety of operatives and rail infrastructure
- The quality of installation of assets onto the Rail infrastructure
- The day-to-day management of both direct & indirectly employed operatives onsite
- Site inductions for direct and indirect employees and site visitors
- The productivity of staff booking time to the project
- Delivery & return of safety briefings
- Transient site set up & closure
- The control of materials onsite
- The control of plant onsite and its correct use age
- Weekly sign off of times sheet for the project
- Carrying out weekly site inspections
- Mobilisation & demobilisation of site
- Recording/managing site staff working hours
- Collating Health & Safety file information and submit to Design Manager as per Project Plan
- Collating & returning of SSOW / WPP / Task Briefings
- Involvement with planning and delivering safe works (PDSW)
- Ensuring that all work is undertaken in accordance with signed AFC designs
- Ensuring that all allocated installation staff hold the necessary Linbrooke Authority To Work certificates for the project
- Ensuring that the potential for design change is notified to the delivery engineer at the earliest opportunity to allow the CRE/designer to review and provide alternatives
- Completing and signing the installation check sheets as verification of works complete in accordance with the AFC design and quality standards and returning these to the delivery engineer
- Maintaining records of installation personnel utilised for the project on a day-to-day basis
- Maintaining photographs of all installation works pre and post works
- Maintaining as built “red penned” (with Delivery engineer)
- Complying at all times to the requirements of Linbrooke Services HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Actively supporting & encouraging Linbrooke Services Ltd.’s HSEQ principles across projects.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Listed in Level 1 supervisor competency matrix
- Relevant trade/construction experience.
- PTS certificate
- Driving License
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project safety management experience.
- Working knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
- Basic IT skills linked to good document management
Working out on site, All shifts
Unit 2-4 Sheffield Business Park Churchill Way, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PY
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE