Senior Project Engineer - Structural Engineer required to work for Engineering Consultancy on High Speed Rail Project managing contractors and design.
Permanent staff position and although it is a Hybrid role, they ideally want someone in the Birmingham office at least 2 days per week.
This role is responsible for providing professional and technical support on project engineering issues, carrying out assurance of asset design and construction, assuring that it is in accordance with organisational and sponsor requirements, standards andpolicies.
- To be responsible for providing technical assurance, checking and submission of assurance evidence for technical stage gates;
- To be responsible for assuring that the design and construction of assets comply with the technical requirements and applicable standards, specifications and procedures by supporting planned Technical Assurance Reviews.
- To be responsible for providing guidance on design solutions for the asset, promoting use of best practice and innovative engineering techniques, technologies and processes, driving consistency and identifying opportunities for efficiencies within the IPT;
- To be responsible for working alongside other technical specialists to develop appropriate and cost balanced mitigation strategies and solutions, contributing to successful system integration;
- Applicable UK construction regulations including CDM requirements
- Chartered Engineer/Membership of an appropriate professional institution or working towards with the equivalent experience
Type of experience
- Experience in managing standards, engineering and safety activity on any engineering projects/ programmes
Experience in developing roles linked to Design Assurance positions or Independent Checker.
Previous experience in the UK,
Chartered Engineer–ICE - Preferred