Here at LNER, we're on a mission to deliver significant improvements and upgrades to our IT and digital technologies, ultimately improving the experience for our people and our customers. To support with our ambitious plans we are on the lookout for an IT Solutions Architect to help define and shape LNERs IT and digital future.
The IT Solutions Architect is responsible for ensuring any new IT services into the business are fit for purpose and aligned to the LNER Business Plan. It is the responsibility of the IT Solutions Architect to ensure that all new IT Assets have full design documents available. In addition to understanding the business services, the Solutions Architect is responsible for proposing continued improvement across the environment including IT software, hardware, user interactions, integrations, and system interfaces.
Through a collaborative process working with the Design Authority, the IT Solutions Architect will be responsible for ensuring the correct technologies are adopted. Research with both breadth and depth of knowledge in existing and emerging technologies are of paramount importance to this position. As a custodian of in-depth IT knowledge this position will also provide a high level of assistance and support to the wider IT team and business, particularly the projects teams, to ensure Fully understand the whole of the IT software, hardware, user interactions, integrations, and interfaces and proposes improvements. You will also be involved in:
Define the IT Non-Functional Requirements with supporting acceptance criteria to define what ‘good' looks like from a technical perspective with measures to verify compliance.
Produce a reference architecture, architectural building blocks and non-functional requirements to provide a structure for project outputs.
As part of Design Authority and Change Authority Board, ensure there is a governance mechanism to exercise control on all outputs being produced. Ensure they are robust, scalable, performant, secure and maintainable.
For IT projects, provide Quality Assurance to ensure they are fit for purpose and fit for use.
Stakeholder management; budgeting, estimating, and influencing team members and 3rd
Of course, with this being such a specialised role, there are a few things we are looking for in the successful candidate.
You must have proven IT Project Management skills with qualified Industry recognised project management methodology (e.g. Prince2 or Agile). Additionally,
- Proven expertise of defining and delivering a robust, scalable, performant, secure and maintainable technical landscape across multi-cloud and on-premises environments.
- Proven experience translating and communicating complex business requirements through to design and implementation of well architected technical solutions.
- Qualified and proven experience in architecting, implementing, and supporting Cloud Infrastructure solutions with complete technical understanding of associated Cloud technologies (AWS, Microsoft 365, Azure).
- Proven experience in managing and support highly available, business critical environments with 24/7 operational requirements, minimal maintenance windows and business continuity strategy.
- Qualified and have proven experience of leading in the ITIL principles of Strategy, Problem Management, Change Management and Supplier Management
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and lead a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Good understanding of Cyber Security and Safety Principles, and how to apply these to modern architectures.
- Free travel on LNER trains for you and your dependants
- 75% off other train operating companies (again for you and your dependants)
- Discounted international travel after one year’s service
- 50% discount for friends and family
- Generous pension scheme
Closing date: 6 October 2022
Are you ready for your next IT role? Are you ready to shape a business? If so, it's time to update your CV and click ‘apply'!
We look forward to reading your application.