We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced SMT Tester!
Amaro are a leading provider of signalling, power and telecoms services. We help some of the biggest names in rail by providing engineering and design support for their most complex and challenging projects. Established in 2011, over the years we’ve forged a reputation for service, flexibility and railway engineering excellence, offering a level of engineering and value rarely seen amongst our competitors.
• ensuring works activities are delivered to schedule;
• working to agreed processes and procedures and final handover to others;
• ensuring works specifications and plans are briefed to staff;
• assuring the overall safety and quality of work;
• implementing works process and ensuring the works standards are met and quality of works are adhered to;
• organising and controlling work activities of a team of up to 3 people through direct or delegated actions;
• ensuring works are completed and handed over in accordance with applicable standards;
• assuring the overall safety and quality of work, including working to agreed processes and procedures and final handover to others;
• identifying opportunities for improvements and recommending these to management;
• reporting into team leader/supervisor, or other relevant manager.
Skills, experience and competencies
• IRSE license.
• BS1 and BS2.
• Valid PTS.
• Full UK driving license.
• Experienced SMTH.
• Competence in HW and RCPL points; tubular stretcher bars; at least two types of train detection.
• Minimum three years’ experience working in signalling maintenance.
• Ability to effectively lead a team.
• Extensive knowledge of signalling equipment and how this functions.
• Able to remove and replace signalling components as part of a renewal activity.
• Capable of understanding and interpreting installation and signalling documentation / diagrams.
• Able to demonstrate how the role holder keeps up to date with and maintains sufficient technical competence.
Desirable or working towards:
• COSS certification.
**Please apply through this advert attaching a copy of your up-to-date CV which includes your address.
Click here to view our website for more information on the company.
Competitive rates, dependent upon experience.