This is a wide-ranging role that includes undertaking rolling stock modifications, heavy overhaul and maintenance work packages and bespoke workstreams.
The role will be part of a team responsible for undertaking asset life cycle work streams and franchise commitments.
Reporting directly to the HOIST Manager and working within a dedicated team, with a flexible working pattern based on the project team requirements.
Key tasks will include carrying out heavy overhauls and modifications, examination work, fault finding and testing. Involvement in carrying out unit modification trials, through to first in class and delivery of projects and work packages. Always working safely and effectively within the team, to all required standards and specifications.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in an engineering discipline (skilled mechanical and/or electrical work).
- NVQ 2 in engineering maintenance, mechanical or equivalent
- Able to carry out first level fault finding and follow schematics and diagrams
- Physically fit and able to pass a medical to engineering standard.
- Previous rolling stock maintenance experience desirable
- Customer focus
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 32 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!