We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Testing Engineer. This person will manage a team of testing and commissioning engineers engaged on a portfolio of projects run through the regional delivery office. They will be responsible for all testing and commissioning activities at the trackside, in Signalling Equipment Rooms, at the Operations Control Centre and with train borne equipment. Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
What are my responsibilities?
- Ensure health, safety and environmental requirements are complied with both at the site depot and work sites
- Promote a zero accident / incident culture and environment
- Manage testing and commissioning in accordance with the project programme and budget requirements
- Ensure that testing and commissioning is carried out and recorded in accordance with correct and up to date drawings, plans, specifications and computer software and data
- Ensure that the quality of the testing and commissioning is in accordance with SML, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards
- Liaise with the appropriate Project Engineering Manager and Design Engineers in respect of design issues associated with testing
- Liaise with the Site Manager and installation engineers in respect of installation issues associated with testing
- Ensure serial numbers are added to the asset management database as each item of equipment is installed by test engineers or replaced following changes or failure
- Maximise the efficiency of site testing resources under their control
- Oversee timekeeping and discipline of allocated staff
- Undertake regular audits of the testing and commissioning operation to ensure SML, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards are being complied with
- Establish and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with the client and with subcontractors and other third party interfaces
- Certify the system and / or systems are fit for purpose and formally handover to the client
- Perform as Lead TIC on allocated projects
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC/HND/Degree in electrical Engineering (essential)
- IRSE Licence as Tester/Tester In Charge (essential)
- Experience in site testing of mainline or metro railway signalling projects for the testing and commissioning period of the project lifecycle (essential)
- A thorough grounding in the requirements for site testing activities as laid down in Siemens, customer, national and international standards and procedures as part of the overall project lifecycle (essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills associated with managing allocated staff and contractors, other functions within SRA and the customer (essential)