About the Role
As a Senior Engineer – Structural Engineering, you are is expected to have a strong track record in one or, preferably, multiple sectors that our client operates in. You will ideally be a Chartered
Engineer with experience of working on a variety of medium-size projects and possibly managing small packages on large projects. You’ll be part of an enthusiastic and committed team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver high quality output on projects. Client care and repeat business is crucial. You’ll need to be able to develop and nurture relationships with our clients (both internal and external).
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide engineering design and consultancy services.
- Produce design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and ensure progress against the project brief.
- Check calculations and detailed drawings to ensure engineering designs meet appropriate quality and compliance controls, project brief and customer requirements.
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Contribute to the preparation of enquiry plans, tender reviews, fee estimate sheets, scopes of work and change controls as required.
- Provide feedback on the performance of the department from a technical and operational perspective.
- Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers production calculations and drawings for technical compliance with design intent.
Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified in Civil and/or Structural Engineering (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects in at least one sector that my client operates in.
- Confident communication and presentation skills with the ability to simplify complex ideas.
- Considerable structural engineering design, technical detailing and specification writing experience.
- Be fully conversant with the basics of CDM Regulations, British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to structural loading, design and specification.
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)