HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
As a Senior Property Surveyor at HS2, you will work within the Land and Property Team this is a key role which has responsibility for the effective and efficient management of the property portfolio as acquired by HS2 Ltd.
About the role:
- Manage and lead the approach to ensure the HS2’s land and property portfolio is commercially focused
• Lead contact with HS2’s appointed property managing agents to ensure high quality estate management including monitoring through monthly reports and KPI’s their performance on lettings, rent collection, maintenance, repair and disposals
• Lead on the co-ordination of the suppliers in the development and implementation of technical and strategic projects to ensure compliance with new and current legislation, best practice and improvement of the performance of the portfolio
• Lead and manage the liaison with the Property Acquisition team to develop full awareness of the delivery programme to ensure timely issue of instructions to Managing agents to undertake pre-completion inspections and the handover of properties into management on legal completion
• Manage the monitoring of day to day management of properties by the appointed agents including evaluation and instruction of repair and maintenance works and subsequent monitoring and budgeting of fees and expenses and ensuring all land and buildings in the HS2 property portfolio comply with Health and Safety regulations and legislation including CDM and that the Company’s Health and Safety policy and processes are fully implemented
Working with the Property Management team and Land and Property’s Finance representative in the preparation of financial reports and forecasts including monthly income and cost statements
• Leading on Investment refurbishment project from completion of acquisition through budget and tender stages through project being on site including reporting and obtaining relevant sign off from DfT and reporting on KPI adherence
• Leading on ongoing Investment tracking of costs to feed into budget forecasting and reporting both in-house and to DfT
• Participate as necessary in consultation events to explain aspects of the compensation schemes to members of the public, stakeholders or interested groups and deputise for the Head of Property Management as required
• Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
• Ability to manage communications and negotiations in a tactful way
• Stakeholder management skills at all levels of the Organisation
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with senior colleagues from within different departments at HS2 and the Department for Transport
• Communicating effectively with teams to ensure smooth flow of information
• Drafting Skills - including developing public-facing communications
• Capability in project management techniques such as planning and organisation
• Communication skills – including -Report drafting skills, data compilation and analysis and the ability to communicate complex information to a variety of different audiences
• Ability to access, analyse and maintain information from multiple Land and property IT databases and systems, e.g ADMS, Firrin, Horizon.
• Knowledge of lettings, rent collection, maintenance, repair and disposals processes and technical aspects of general practice surveying
• Understanding of legal obligations in relation to property ownership, occupation and management
• Understanding of property income and expenditure budgeting, forecasting and accounting
Type of experience:
- Experience in operating in a mixed asset property management and / or project environment
• Experience of leading and operating in a team environment
• Experience of working with suppliers to develop effective working relationships and manage performance to ensure delivery through the supply chain
• Experience of developing and interpreting financial reporting related to Land and Property activities
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.