About the role:
Provide planning and controls leadership for the projects under your control. As a key member of the tender / project teams, you will ensure that all procedures and tools are utilised consistently to ensure planning and reporting requirements are met at both tender, project and overall contract level.
Reporting to the Lead Planning Manager, you will be a key member of the wider planning & controls community and actively participate in continuous improvement and best practice initiatives. You will be responsible for the quality of your project plans, support the wider business planning requirements of the organisation through proper resourcing of plans. You will work within the framework of NEC 4 and other types of industry specific contracts.
What are my responsibilities?
• Responsibility for all schedule planning and associated controls within the tenders and projects in your portfolio
• Monitor and manage the inter-project and external programme interfaces as required
• Scalable reporting on the status of interfaces and recommended mitigations where required
• Ensure that all project plans are developed and maintained in accordance with the tender / contract requirements, and company procedures and processes
• Work closely with the engineering, project, commercial and finance managers, and members of the wider project team to ensure tender and project schedules are accurately developed, maintained, resource and cost loaded.
• Work closely with the central Bids & Tendering team to ensure tender plans are developed through the mobilisation process into contract plans.
• Work closely with site and possession planners to ensure cohesion between these different activities and the main project schedule as required
• Build and maintain close working relationships with client representatives and work collaboratively to find the most efficient and effective planning and controls solutions.
• Perform critical path analysis and advise of possible actions and areas of concern
• Ensure that the periodic reporting requirements are met for both internal and client through the provision of KPI, EV, schedule delay and critical path analysis reports as required.
• Perform analysis and scenario modelling for any potential project change and be able to provide risks, issues, cost, resource, and delay analysis.
• Promote and improve planning and controls within the organisation.
• Support and participate in the wider planning community through attendance of the Planning & Controls forum and through the ownership and active participation in continuous improvement activities.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Degree/HND/HNC level qualifications or relative demonstrable experience.
• Experience of working as a part of a planning team to deliver major infrastructure projects preferably in the rail industry with signalling experience
• Experience of integration planning for a significant number of project interfaces
• Experience of working with senior management both internally and in the client organisation.
• Technical planning expert to advanced Oracle Primavera level with knowledge and use of other planning tools such as MS Project, FUSE and PRA
• Self-motivated with sound interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an assertive style of behaviour.
• Practiced analytical and problem-solving skills
• NEC Contract knowledge and experience
• Technical/Engineering/Business background ideally with knowledge of railway signalling.
• Working knowledge and experience of project management methodologies, e.g., Prince 2.
Experience Level: 7 years planning experience working with singular projects and with programmes and portfolios