HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
As a Senior Occupational Hygiene Manager at HS2 you will provide a range of advisory and analytical services covering all aspects of Occupational Hygiene to support general business operations and programme to aligned to the overall HS2 Ltd Occupational Health objectives.
You will proactively support and manage the provision and continuing development of an efficient, high quality and value for money Occupational Health & Wellbeing services for HS2. Additionally, you will assist the Head of Occupational Health in leading and advancing in the implementation of the HS2 Occupational Health strategy; monitoring and auditing the application of occupational hygiene providing information on progress against HS2 Ltd Occupational Health objectives.
Another key responsibility will be the delivery of occupational health and hygiene projects and intended outcomes, as well as, monitoring the effectiveness of delivery. You will be expected to identify trends in Occupational health and hygiene to develop targeted short, medium and long term strategies for the wider business aligned to the overall HS2 Ltd Occupational Health objectives.
About the role
- Undertake contractor prequalification and tender evaluations as part of the procurement process with follow on of continuous monitoring of supply chain performance
- Develop, support and implement a strategy for Occupational Health and Wellbeing that meets the business objectives, and works in collaboration with the wider people functions by incorporating strategies of primary prevention and early intervention of adverse health effects.
- Work in partnership at senior level with other appropriate agencies and professionals to provide expert guidance, develop, implement and evaluate policies and strategies, when an Occupational Hygiene or a related Occupational Health input is required.
- E valuating annually across the project the effectiveness of the Occupational Health strategy with a specific focus on occupational hygiene exposure strategies through assurance and interventions.
- Collect, record and interpret occupational hygiene exposure reports and related Occupational Health data so regular feedback is provided back to the business and supply chain in order to drive performance.
- Implement and report on Occupational Hygiene assurance within the supply chain.
- Appraise policies and recommend changes to prevent ill health and improve health outcomes in areas such as control strategies for chemical and physical agents.
- Responsible for the development of Occupational Hygiene standards within the wider framework of Occupational Health & Wellbeing and act as an expert in the development of policies where input is required.
- Support Occupational Health and Hygiene forums within supply chain
Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies, and procedures on EDI.
- Data compilation, integration, analysis and presentation
- Negotiating, influencing and interpersonal communication skills with the sensitivity to provide support across a variety of situations.
- Professional Occupational Hygienist accreditation recognised through the relevant membership status within the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene
- Qualification for e.g. BOHS Certificate of Operational Competence but ideally at Diploma level, BSc (Hons) in Occupational Hygiene, MSc in Occupational Hygiene or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and experience that would be acceptable to the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene Board who oversee the experience mentioned in the first point
- Experience of undertaking assurance of third parties and supply chain.
- Experience of implementing Occupational Hygiene strategies
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity, and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies, and procedures on EDI.