Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an Senior Geotechnical Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake production of geotechnical designs, working as part of a dedicated Ground Engineering design team.
As an Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you’ll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
In a typical week you will:
- Develop designs in accordance with the Client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Scope, plan and manage effective ground investigations to facilitate all project design requirements
- Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
- Represent the business stream in multi-disciplinary project teams
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, management and reporting of project resources and finances
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, outline designs and detailed designs, factual and interpretive reports, geotechnical appraisals / assessments and other technical documents as required
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Supervise team members including engineers, senior technicians and assistant/graduate engineers
- We want to hear from you if:
- BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc in a geotechnical/geological science (or Civil Engineering + Geotechnics) or equivalent
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite
- Knowledge of geotechnical software
- A proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients and stakeholders
- Personal track safety AC (PTS AC)
- Environmental awareness Tool Box talk
- IOSH working safely
Our rewards make us feel valued. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental and more
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges; and we’ll give you the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you?
With my client, you’ll work with high profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
It’s where you feel valued and alive. Fresh Challenge, new opportunity
We’re big thinkers who love finding solutions to difficult problems, and we’re passionate about using our skills to make an impact, working on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and HS2.
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, my client has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of over 550 employees, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. The role
Fission Recruitment are acting as an employment agency in relation to this job.