Thanks to great successes with recent tenders and a substantial bank of future work, SEP Rail Engineering is looking to recruit two experienced Senior Engineers, reporting to the firm’s Engineering Director.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Relevant experience to align with assignment/project requirements
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent track engineering and general site operational understanding
- Understanding of all relevant industry standards, laws and legislation
- General understanding of MS Office suite
- PTS, ICI, Track Induction
- Educated to ONC level (minimum requirement)
- Level 1 – 4 Hand-back Ticket
- Level 1 – 2 Stressing Ticket
- Approved CRE
- Approved CEM
- Level 3 Stressing Ticket
- HNC qualification in relevant subject (i.e. Engineering, Management, Business etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject. (i.e. Engineering, Management, Business etc.)
- Master’s degree in relevant subject (i.e. Engineering, Management, Business etc.)
- Member of a Professional Institute (ICE, PWI etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deputise for the Principal Engineer as and when required
- Lead engineering shifts
- Installation of datum and geometry plates
- Mentor engineers and trainee engineers
- Direct the setting out and surveying works
- Engineering mainline/depot tamping and excavations
- Conduct and record track inspections
- Building and installing S&C and plain line panels
- Direct and control track installation
- Work under the operational management of the principal contractor/client to align with project requirements
- Adhere to all company and industry standards
We’ll need an up-to-date CV and a covering letter or email. If you’re considered for the first round of interviews, you’ll be asked to take part in an informal telephone interview. Should you be successful at that stage, you’ll move on to either a video or face-to-face interview.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
It is the policy of SEP Rail Services, SEP Rail Design and SEP Rail Engineering to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or information or any other characteristic protected by law.