As a result of this framework win, we are recruiting a Senior Civil Engineer.
In this role, you will work within the South Wales region design team and in partnership with our client, SWTRA, and alongside our other Local Authority clients through our South East Wales, and South West Wales, Frameworks. As a Senior Engineer, you will provide effective support and assistance to your Design Team Leader on a variety of highways schemes whilst taking the lead on projects and mentoring junior engineers.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team working on Welsh Government Highways schemes across the South Wales regions. With shared office space in Cardiff and Bristol, we welcome applications from Civil Engineers across these regions. We can support flexible working around our core hours of 10-3 pm and anticipate a mix of home/office work.
We strongly encourage the development towards a professional qualification with a recognised Institution and pride ourselves on mentoring engineers. We offer tailored support toward professional accreditation (IEng/CEng), and you will be rewarded with a bonus of up to £5k on completion.
What will this role involve?
In a typical week you will:
- Taking ownership of and resolving problems
- Prepare / Check project design briefs, health and safety
- Preparation of solutions at various design stages of a project; preparation of drawings, reports, specifications and estimates
- Support and assist in planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances, including all gateway controls.
- Develop and maintain the HIAMP for the client including reporting back to DfT TfGM and other Stakeholders, supporting programme development and bids
- Develop and deliver Capital programme of works for the Client, managing all stages.
- Undertake technical work checks and approvals of drawings, Health and Safety packages and communications programmes
- Understand/be conversant in using AutoCAD 2D/3D,
- Understand and manage UKPMS processes using Horizons or other similar related software.
- Resolve technical problems and issues to support the delivery of projects or design objectives
- Resolve enquiries from Councillors, the public and stakeholders to support the delivery of the contract, projects or design objectives
- Prepare technical reports for both internal and external purposes.
- Provide technical administrative support including project advice and design assessments
- Assist with continuous improvement in the services provided by the team
- Assist less experienced colleagues in ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards
What are we looking for?
We want to hear from you if:
- Have a Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject
- Have Chartered or Incorporated status held with an appropriate professional body
- Can demonstrate developed experience and expertise within the relevant technical field, probably gained in a Civil Engineer role or equivalent
- You can demonstrate an ability to produce or oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements
- You are experienced in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety, and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Experienced in the application of technical governance procedures within a consulting engineering environment
- You know technical governance procedures and how they are applied within a consulting engineering environment
Our rewards make us better people. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental, and childcare vouchers
What makes this role unique?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference in people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your ambition as well as the shared one.
Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you?
You’ll work with high profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference in people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing inclusive, open-minded team where your professional development can thrive.
It’s where you feel valued and alive
Fresh Challenge, New Opportunity
My clients Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks. We are passionate about the highways projects that we design and take pride in seeing our towns and cities thrive by improving connectivity, journey times and quality of life.
In 2022, my client was successfully named as a Design Partner to SWTRA (South Wales Trunk Road Agent). The £100m+ Consultancy services framework enables SWTRA to procure design and consultancy services for the motorway and trunk road network across the South Wales region over the next 4 years.
Fission Recruitment are acting as an employment agency for this job.