The Senior Engineer is a key role within our organisation which takes responsibility for the efficient and effective delivery of projects, ensuring the needs of the client and the business are met. The role can be based from either Manchester, Birmingham, Reading or our Bristol office. You will focus on key projects such as the Transpennine Route upgrade, Gatwick Station and East Coast Power Supply Upgrade. As a Chartered Engineer you will apply company procedures and systems to promote high levels of health, safety and wellbeing of staff and other stakeholders whilst leading and managing a team of Civil Engineers, graduates and technicians
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Senior Engineer will proactively contribute to the effective and consistent implementation of company policies and procedures whilst maximising all opportunities with clients. You will also assist in safeguarding profitability through engagement with Project Managers and promote efficient engineering delivery based on a "right first time" principle. This is a line management role and the post-holder will be responsible for expanding the skill set of the team as well as contributing to furthering company ventures as they develop.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant degree in the Engineering space.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution.
- Professionally qualified Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and
- Ability in the application of safety standards, CDM regulations and in the application and teaching of civil engineering design principles and standards.
- Ability in the application and teaching of construction principles and standards including experience of project delivery in construction related markets.
- Experienced at working with contractors in a design and build environment.
- Experienced within the rail sector and ability in the use of Network Rail procedures and standards.
- Experience of contract conditions, processes and procedures.
- Ability in programming, budgets and timescales
- Experience of the transportation sector.
- Demonstrable line management experience.
- Experience of designing and checking civil engineering deliverables.
- Ability in the use of Eurocodes.
- Experience in the use of computer analysis programs.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, and continuous personal development.