Atkins is a leader in infrastructure asset management. We have Strong growth plans in this area including moving beyond consultancy-based services and towards products and managed services as part of our end-to-end asset management service philosophy. We are backing this with investment to rapidly grow our staff capability, capacity and ability to develop new products and services. Our services span into other sectors in the UK and globally across SNC-Lavalin, leveraging existing strategic partnerships with leading asset management system providers.
Our Transport Data Insights Team forms part of a 900-person strong UK Consultancy Practice within the Atkins Transportation business. Our clients include Highways England, Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, Local Authorities, Department for Transport, Network Rail, HS2 and TfL.
We offer a Business Evaluation, Project Delivery and Solution Development combined with a Data Analytics Centre of Excellence to support digital solutions and services to our clients.
As a Senior Business Analyst team leader, working in the Transport Data Insights practice, you will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership of a team of Business Analysts that support project teams and clients deliver digitally enabled products and services. You must be able to communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders and accurately understand their requirements, as well as being able to work with project teams to deliver collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
Dependent on your skills and experience, the annual salary range for this role will be between £50,300.00 - £72,300.00.
- Degree level or job experience in an equivalent role.
Essential Criteria -
- Supervising and day to day management of a team of Business Analysts, supporting their ongoing development.
- Requirement’s elicitation, analysis, prioritisation and communication across multiple client stakeholders.
- Identifying and creating appropriate user personas to provide holistic understanding of client needs.
- Translating client needs to solution delivery focussed teams to ensure shared understanding and solution development.
- Business process modelling and re-engineering to deliver improvements and efficiencies.
- Applying a variety of root cause analysis methods to understand the true cause of inefficiencies and problems.
- Creating delivery plans, developing solution options and supporting project delivery through to benefits analysis, tracking and realisation.
- Identifying and prioritising client challenges and barriers to change.
- Working in a complex, multi-disciplined, service-based environment.
- Lead and manage teams (line management and project capacities).
- Articulate complex solutions in an accessible manner and apply critical, analytical and conceptual thinking to problem solving.
- Communicate with and influence stakeholders at various levels.
- Extract, combine, process, analyse and interpret information and data from multiple sources.
- Interpret analysis outputs for consumption by a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrate improvement recommendations using evidential methods with anticipated associated benefits.
Desirable Criteria -
- Working in the transportation or related sectors.
- Working with solution architects and have a comprehension of their approaches to solution development.
- Stakeholder assessment and management.
- LEAN, Six Sigma or other business improvement methodologies.
- Using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) to create process flow diagrams (or similar process mapping standards).
- Change management techniques.
- Project management using Agile (or similar approaches).
- Succinctly articulate methodologies and approaches for bids and proposals.
- Create and evolve project plans.
- Baseline business performance and follow through to benefits realisation.
- Write engaging project summary reports for clients to enable change implementation.
- Co-ordinate and validate user acceptance testing.
- We encourage applicants to demonstrate they are committed to continuous professional development and are engaged with the wider professional community in their discipline. This could be through membership or qualifications with professional bodies e.g., the International Institute of Business Analysis, Institute for Six Sigma Professionals, or Association for Project Management.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for:
- Directing and managing a team of Business Analysts.
- Attending at practice leadership meetings.
- Reporting on team productivity and utilisation.
- Managing project resource demands.
- Leading engagement with clients to understand and document their current needs and requirements.
- Providing detailed requirements analysis, process documentation, solution optioneering and delivery planning.
- Collaborating with technical leads / subject matter experts and Spearhead or support the delivery of projects to meet agreed quality, time and budget requirements.
- Supporting bid and proposal work, including early engagement with clients.
- Developing opportunities with existing and new clients through engagement at meetings / workshops / conferences.
You are an existing Business Analyst team manager with a passion for people management. Coupled with this you will have great client engagement and analytical skills with demonstrable experience of working with client teams to understand their requirements and help shape solution options. This means you will have excellent communications skills with the ability to understand business needs and ascertain the root cause of problems.
You will have the ability to innovate and have a passion for keeping abreast of the latest process and analysis developments, along with a strong conceptual understanding of emerging digital solutions to support the shaping of delivery within technical and business environment constraints.
Exceptional planning, organisational and time management skills are a must, along with the ability to manage competing resources and priorities to come to a consensus on requirements and deliverables.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation