Location: Birmingham or London
Salary: Base salary: £37,000 to c.£49,000pa depending on skills and experience. In addition, we offer flexible benefits fund of 15% which is paid on top base salary and is fully pensionable, as well as a range of competitive benefits - check them out in the Benefits section on our website.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
As Security Design Manager you’ll lead the security interface between the HS2 Technical Services Directorate and the HS2 supply chain producing security design deliverables; providing the Line of Defence (LOD) Level 2 assurance of such deliverables and providing subject matter expert support to the HS2 and supply chain project teams in order to support the design of a safe, technically integrated and compliant future operational railway.
About the role:
- Support the implementation of the HMG standards and guidelines such as the DfT ‘Security in the Design of Stations’ Guide through supporting decision making, reviewing designs and working with Police CTSAs and DOCOs as appropriate.
- Provide justifications and elements of security design to the HS2 Security Steering Panel and Design Panel.
- Provide security input to the HS2 project wide Hazard Record, analysing threats, compliance evidence etc.
- Supporting the Senior System Security Manager and the Head of System Safety, Security and Interoperability to maintain cooperative relationships with DfT Land Security, Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI) and the British Transport Police (BTP) to ensure we generate the approval of the HS2 designs.
- Ensure that implementation of security designs and future security operations are in strict compliance with UK legislation and HS2 requirements.
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Knowledge of physical security principles, standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of security systems, blast mitigation and HVM principles and products
- Experience of delivering evidence of security design within a safety critical environment, e.g. aviation, rail, maritime, oil/gas, nuclear or military applications.
- Operating within a regulatory environment
- Experience of implementing and delivering security assurance processes
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.