SCL Engineering Supervisor
Candidates for the Senior SCL Engineer role must have a proven experience of large-scale civil engineering projects within the SCL construction.
The candidates for the Senior SCL Engineer role must be experienced in SCL construction and competent to make decisions on critical actions and act as team leader. Such personnel will be present on a daily basis during the SCL works but could also provide occasional shift or call out cover. In circumstances where one Area has only limited SCL works taking place a Senior Engineer may work across more than one Area. The Senior SCL Engineer can be seen as the “controlling mind” to ensure the safety and quality of the SCL works
Knowledge and experience are the key attributes for the role along with strong interpersonal organizational team working skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. The confidence to challenge is also a desirable attribute as the role will support the Construction delivery team in providing guidance to them whilst maintaining a focus on compliance.
You will be reporting to the Area Lead Engineering Manager.
will be expected to work shifts with the following specific duties
• Leading a team of SCL Engineers and Geologists to provide independent SCL supervision
• Participating in the daily review meetings, reviewing and accepting the RESS
• Reviewing method statements, Inspection & Test Plans, EPP’s and commenting on sequence, constructability and application of the design intent
• Reviewing above ground and below ground monitoring data as directly relevant to the SCL tunnelling operation
• Reviewing progress as reported by the SCL shift resource and as reported by the daily review meetings and recorded on the RESS
• Monitoring compliance with regard to the construction team’s implementation of actions arising from daily / shift meetings
• Daily visits to each of the tunnel faces
• Review of settlement mitigation methodologies and actions arising at the DRM
• Confirming with the Design House that the built works meet the intent of the design drawings and specification
• Making changes to the SCL design as might arise due to changing conditions on site
• Liaising with the Design House on any modifications or changes to the approved design
• Escalating appropriate concerns to the Design Director
• Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
The Ideal Candidate
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes.
• Civil or Structural Engineering Qualification, minimum of an HNC/HND, preferably BEng or higher (MEng, MSc).
• CSCS Card
• Thorough understanding and application of the CDM Regulations 2015.
• Team player
• Good communicator
• Relevant experience of SCL construction
• Appreciation of the practical application of interfacing with rail systems and others