Job Title: Scheme Project Mager
Location: Birmingham (3 days per week in the office)
Client: Rail experience required
Duration: 6 Months
To manage projects through various stages of the life cycle and to support and assist delivering the overall project portfolio managed by the team.
1. Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP),
applicable company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
2. Provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service including the use of performance indicators and project reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group and company standards and guidelines.
3. Manage the development and delivery of change projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
4. Manage tactical change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes.
5. Assist or lead in the provision of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work.
6. Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
7. Manage the production of project management plans
8. Manage project budgets within agreed targets
9. Deliver regular progress reports on change projects, including relevant risks and issues, to the Programme Manager (Change).
10. Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods.
11. Disseminate lessons learnt.