Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Resourcing Consultant to join our delivery team. The Resourcing Consultant will partner with Hiring Managers and HRBP's to deliver the extensive recruitment needs across our HS2 project. - managing the candidate journey from attraction through to offer, ensuring the delivery of timely talent to enable project objectives and milestones.
What you'll be doing
Role and requirement and suitability
- Working with the HRBPs to obtain vacancy requirements and critical roles as derived from the flight plan
- Working with Hiring Managers to determine skills, experience and personal attributes of candidate required
Attraction and sourcing
- Devising of an inclusive, suitable job advert to attract the required talent
- Headhunt and targeting of passive candidates
- Utilise and exploit innovative sourcing methodologies which may include job boards, data base mining, network, partnerships (ie: Buildforce), talent pools, referrals, agencies, social media etc.
Shortlisting and selection
- Assess candidate initial suitability
- Advise and coach Managers on the most appropriate selection and assessment methods
- Ensure Mangers provide feedback on unsuccessful candidates to allow for future talent pooling
- Inclusive and engaging candidate management to ensure all candidates receive a positive experience regardless of the outcome
- Work in partnership with the Onboarding team and parent companies to ensure a seamless handover and candidate journey.
Work with our Skills, Employment and Education (SEE) team to support with the engagement of Early Careers; Apprentices, Graduates, Placements.
Work with the Resource Manager to deploy workforce planning strategies to support project and parent company requirements.
Expert Advisory to Hiring Managers, Sublot Leads and Project Leads to share internal and external market insights.
Support the Resource Manger to deliver the EDI agenda by the introduction and continuous improvement of inclusive and accessible initiatives to continuously improve our accreditation.
Working in a collaborative manner to share best practice and knowledge with other Project Resourcing Consultants.
Who we're looking for
- Demonstratable experience of working within a high-volume resourcing function with a strong understanding and practical knowledge of the recruitment lifecycle.
- Expert advisor with the ability to influence in a multi-cultural environment and navigate complex situations.
- Working collaboratively within a team to deliver to the Resourcing Manager practical solutions to candidate issues.
- Engaging, energetic, enthusiastic approach to candidate management and brand enhancement.
- Assimilate and understand business processes and internal interactions.
- Innovative thinking and approaches to static resourcing methods be dynamic and challenge the status quo!
- Customer centric approach with an ability to champion change. Enabling BBV to further become recognised externally as an employer of choice.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.