We now have an exciting opportunity for a Rail Services Supervisor to join our Infrastructure Team and assist the Rail Services Team Leader in overseeing their department, ensuring all maintenance and repair work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Inspect all work done by the Rail Services Team Members
- Ensure inspection, maintenance and repair tasks are delivered in a professional, safe, and timely manner and in compliance with MML work practices, standards and procedures.
- Work in a safe and professional manner at all times.
- Complete all relevant paperwork in a timely manner and/or update the Asset Management Information System - Agility.
- All maintenance and repairs to the West Midland Metro Permanent way and overhead line equipment.
- Oversight of contractors carrying out planned works.
- Assist in Project work and design of installations.
- Assist in the commissioning of new systems
- Assist with the development and continued improvement of the Asset Management Information System
- Organisation of small to large worksites
- Continuous assessment and improvement of working practices embracing new technologies
- Attend any new training required to carry out duties
- On call duties
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by MML management.
What you’ll need:
- Experience working as part of a team
- Effective decision-making skills
- Substantial experience within the light rail or rail industry for in a similar maintenance environment role
- A good working knowledge of rail or light rail infrastructure permanent way and overhead line systems.
- Use of gauges and other measurement equipment.
- Competence of track and maintenance practices and plant
- Industry qualifications in permanent way and track maintenance
- It is essential you hold a full UK driving licence
What we offer in return?
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays.
- Free travel on West Midlands trams and buses for you and your partner
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Life Insurance
- Discounted Gym Membership.
- 24/7 365 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Company Uniform
- Full Training