My client are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world, priding themselves on blending creativity with strong strategic and technical capabilities. They help clients create projects and programmes looking holistically across strategy and policy reform, future rail contracts, heavy and light rail operational planning, economics, funding and implementation.
We are seeking people with an overall general understanding and appreciation of railway planning and management, and an understanding of the inter-relationships between strategies, plans and delivery mechanisms (such as concessions, rail projects and the overall contractual matrix / regulatory framework) in the UK rail industry.
We anticipate a successful candidate will have achieved a relevant tertiary qualification in an appropriate area of rail, transport, economics and business management and be a member of a relevant professional institution or professional peer body.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in operational and strategic business case development, design, appraisal and evaluation of rail schemes.
- Understanding of train performance data and analysis.
- Experience in railway planning with an emphasis on operational planning / modelling.
- Understanding of timetable development processes and planning tools.
- Ability to specify, deliver and interpret rail operations models in RailSys or equivalent software packages;
- Task and / or project management skills and the ability to successfully deliver railway projects to budget and time.
- Understanding of the freight market and rail freight planning;
- Understanding of light rail planning and operations; and
- Ability to participate in meetings with clients and customers to demonstrate competence, understanding and a positive problem solving attitude.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.