We have an immediate requirement for a Quantity Surveyor based in the Crawley Area. This is to join a renowned Surveying engineering company who have recently experienced exponential growth over the coming years and are looking to expand their network of teams across the UK. They specialise across a multitude of high profile schemes such as some of the UK’s largest civil, infrastructure and construction projects such as HS2, Hinckley Point and Thames Tideway just to name a few.
So if you are looking for your next challenge, develop yourself personally and professionally or just need a change from your current situation, then this will be a great opportunity to work in a growing team with a company which pride themselves on providing exceptional services across multiple sectors. Position:
Quantity Surveyor Location:
Crawley (South East) Package:
Negotiable Roles & Responsibilities
Requirements to be successful;
- Preparation of tenders, cost estimates and quotations within client deadlines.
- Preparation of value engineering proposals to reflect Client budgetary requirements.
- Preparation of cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project.
- Manage money recovery in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions.
- Coordinate with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project through to final accounts.
- Manage sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Visits on site to view works completed, quality and management of costs.
- Monthly valuations
- Ensure site cost control.
- Liaising with project teams on a daily basis
- Managing Junior Quantity Surveyors or Junior members of your team.
- Prepare quotes for variation works and submit to client QS's for approval.
- Take off foundations, drainage, external works for tendering purposes
- Procurement and selection of specialist subcontractor appointment and accounts
- Third level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline.
- Minimum 1 year experience, ideally in construction or infrastructure or any related industry.
- Sound estimation skills with negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying (preferred but not essential)
- CSCS Card (preferred but not essential)
- Good technical and contractual knowledge
- Computer literate
- Highly motivated and keen to progress within the company
- Competitive Salaries
- A performance related bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Continuous on the job training and development
- Company vehicle or travel allowance